7.62x39

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1

Re: 7.62x39

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

This is the gun that I am looking to re load for AIA in 7.62x39
all I can say is it shoots really well a cracking little gun and great fun.

Just need more re loading info.
012.JPG
lapua338

#22 Post by lapua338 »

Here is a link to a Guns & Ammo article with load data for the 7.62x39 cartridge.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/content/the-762x39?page=1
Alpha1

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is a good looking rifle and I would expect less of a bite than the No5 Mk1 as well. can you get 10 shot mags for it as well?
Alpha1 wrote:This is the gun that I am looking to re load for AIA in 7.62x39
all I can say is it shoots really well a cracking little gun and great fun.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#25 Post by Alpha1 »

If you look underneath the rifle you will see the mag. A ten round mag comes as standard. I am actually looking for a 5 round mag that will fit if any body has any ideas I am open to suggestions.
The ten round mag sticks out the bottom of the gun with it being such a short action it makes handling it awkward. A five round mag would be flush and I reckon easier to handle.
I am after accuracy and load development I dont need to sling ten rounds down range each time. I usually shoot three shot groups.
Recoil is very light it is a pleasure to shoot.
Next time I have it on the range I will post some targets.
If I can get hold of some of Adams magic pills(HINT) I gaurantee tight groups. :lol:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#26 Post by dromia »

What were they Dave?

Was it the pointy 150 gns AK jobbies, let me know and I'll cast you some up.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:If you look underneath the rifle you will see the mag. A ten round mag comes as standard. I am actually looking for a 5 round mag that will fit if any body has any ideas I am open to suggestions.
That is only 10 rounds? It looks bigger, I would agree a 5 round mag would look a lot neater, if you could find a cheap spare mag it might be worth experimenting with cutting it down in length, chop the bottom off, shorten the spring and braze a cap back on the bottom or maybe just remove a slice from the middle.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal