Light strike problem on tsc

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Primer

Re: Light strike problem on tsc

#11 Post by Primer »

Oldskool wrote:
Swifty Boy wrote:My friend had exactly that problem with his - removed the shroud and it works 100%. I can only think it puts enough leverage on the barrel to bring the chamber out of alignment with the firing pin or something. Is your hex bolt nice and tight (oo-er)?
Yes tight .

Can only think that the barrel is not lined up with the internals properly .
Welcome to ownership of the TSC

First time I cleaned mine the barrel unscrewed from the breech block as it didn't have its grub screw fitted at the factory.
Within the first 250 rds it required a new guide pin and firing pin.

No further comment required
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Oldskool
Home club or Range: Swlpc

#12 Post by Oldskool »

Primer wrote:
Oldskool wrote:
Swifty Boy wrote:My friend had exactly that problem with his - removed the shroud and it works 100%. I can only think it puts enough leverage on the barrel to bring the chamber out of alignment with the firing pin or something. Is your hex bolt nice and tight (oo-er)?
Yes tight .

Can only think that the barrel is not lined up with the internals properly .
Welcome to ownership of the TSC

First time I cleaned mine the barrel unscrewed from the breech block as it didn't have its grub screw fitted at the factory.
Within the first 250 rds it required a new guide pin and firing pin.

No further comment required
Which bit is the guide pin ?
Primer

#13 Post by Primer »

Oldskool wrote:
Which bit is the guide pin ?
I should of said guide rod really, it's located under the barrel and holds the recoil spring, also the spring has a right and a wrong way. (Don't ask me which way round is right as I sold it a year or so ago and got a K22).
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
safetyfirst

#14 Post by safetyfirst »

There are replacement bushings and guide rods as part of a tune up kit for this pistol. Give the tunnel in Dorset a call, they're really helpful and talked me through all sorts with mine even though I bought it second hand.
Oldskool
Home club or Range: Swlpc

#15 Post by Oldskool »

Seem to hAve sorted it .

Cleaned and polished it up . Cleaned firing pin mechanism .

Removed all oil from the gun apart from the lightest smear on the slide , with an oily cloth .

Fitted new grips .

Now for the really clever bit of reverse engineering . Took the barrel shroud off . Wound some black electricians tape around the threads at the end of the barrel . Screwed the shroud back on . Checked to see that there was a gap between the end of the barrel the barrel bush and the end of the shroud . There was now . There wasn't before they were touching .

Inserted mag full of mini mag . Pulled trigger ten times it went bang x 10 .result

Tried standard cci - worked as well . Tried aquip new stuff , worked as well .

Abracadabra . lollol cheers

Clearly fitting new grips made it work . ;)