Light strike problem on tsc

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Oldskool
Home club or Range: Swlpc

Light strike problem on tsc

#1 Post by Oldskool »

Cleaned and polished the new tsc , oiled it etc etc .

Now it won't fire , hammer goes down but soft click only .

What have I done ?

I didn't take the hammer apart or the trigger. Just spring slide and receiver and gave em all a good clean a re lubed .

helpsign
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Light strike problem on tsc

#2 Post by kennyc »

Oldskool wrote:Cleaned and polished the new tsc , oiled it etc etc .

What have I done ?

I didn't take the hammer apart or the trigger. Just spring slide and receiver and gave em all a good clean a re lubed .

helpsign
too much lube?
Oldskool

#3 Post by Oldskool »

kennyc wrote:
Oldskool wrote:Cleaned and polished the new tsc , oiled it etc etc .

What have I done ?

helpsign
too much lube?
Very possibly .

Stripped back the firing pin mechanism it was full of crap .

Not sure how much lube to put in it to keep it running but not choke it .

What's the happy medium and where do you put it ?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

Put it on then lightly wipe it off.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
techguy

#5 Post by techguy »

Hardly any lube at all. A drop on the rails, and wipe the firing pin with a clean oiled rag. Wipe the rails off too. Oil and .22lr do not mix well (it gums up badly!)
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#6 Post by Daryll »

The only time my TSC wouldn't fire.. (the hammer dropped but didn't go bang!).. was when the slide didn't go fully home after the previous shot.

I found this was because I was using LV ammo.... it worked fine with MiniMag, but when I tried Standard Plus it would fire one, then click.

The minimag had enough oomph to throw the slide back hard, so the spring pushed it back hard and fully into battery.... the standard plus cycled ok, but wouldn't go into battery. I developed a technique of pushing the slide home with my thumb between each shot until the gun wore in a bit and everything eased up, then it worked fine.

If the gun worked fine before cleaning, and you're using the same ammo, just make sure you haven't got a bit of gunk wedged somewhere stopping the slide going fully forward.
Oldskool

#7 Post by Oldskool »

Daryll wrote:The only time my TSC wouldn't fire.. (the hammer dropped but didn't go bang!).. was when the slide didn't go fully home after the previous shot.

I found this was because I was using LV ammo.... it worked fine with MiniMag, but when I tried Standard Plus it would fire one, then click.

The minimag had enough oomph to throw the slide back hard, so the spring pushed it back hard and fully into battery.... the standard plus cycled ok, but wouldn't go into battery. I developed a technique of pushing the slide home with my thumb between each shot until the gun wore in a bit and everything eased up, then it worked fine.

If the gun worked fine before cleaning, and you're using the same ammo, just make sure you haven't got a bit of gunk wedged somewhere stopping the slide going fully forward.
Yeah was pretty dirty , I'd had some real fun ;)
Lightly lubed and wiped , just off t'range too see if it goes bang again .
Main thing I've gained in this process is I know how to strip it down to basics now so at least its taught me something .

Cheers for the input . Let you know !
Oldskool

#8 Post by Oldskool »

Slightly better , but the barrel shroud seems to be connecting with the end of the barrel bush and stopping the slide from fully working .

Took the shroud off seemed to work fine , wonder if I've not put the internals back in 100%?
Swifty Boy

#9 Post by Swifty Boy »

My friend had exactly that problem with his - removed the shroud and it works 100%. I can only think it puts enough leverage on the barrel to bring the chamber out of alignment with the firing pin or something. Is your hex bolt nice and tight (oo-er)?
Oldskool

#10 Post by Oldskool »

Swifty Boy wrote:My friend had exactly that problem with his - removed the shroud and it works 100%. I can only think it puts enough leverage on the barrel to bring the chamber out of alignment with the firing pin or something. Is your hex bolt nice and tight (oo-er)?
Yes tight .

Can only think that the barrel is not lined up with the internals properly .