20series in California (pt1)

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

20series in California (pt1)

#1 Post by 20series »

Hi all, as I'm sure some of you are aware I'me over in the USA on holiday party2 :shakeshout:

Anyway I was invited by a forum member "Rufrdr" to go and have some fun with him and some friends in the hills of Santa Clarita just North of LA whilst I was here, so no wanting to be rude I jumped at the chance.

I've attached some Pics of what I got to shoot, If I remember correctly

Luger 9mm
S&W 10mm
Colt 1911 in .45
Browning Highpower in 9mm (and .22)
S&W .357 revolver
Webley .38 revolver (once owned by Scotland Yard)
Colt .45 Revolver
Webley .457 Revolver
Rifles
AR15 in .223
M1 Garand
M14
Mas36
Scmidt Rubin
FN Carbine
30.06 Pump

Continues
Alan
Attachments
Rif1 (800x600).jpg
HG2 (800x600).jpg
HG1 (800x600).jpg
Last edited by 20series on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: 20series in California (pt1)

#2 Post by 20series »

I also go to shoot a M1919 .30cal wtfwtf

Now it was infairness not a full auto as they're not allowed in California but it was still a lot of fun :cheers: when I can I'll upload the bit of video we took and add it in.

We then retired to the clay range for some shotgun fun, now I've only ever been a couple of times before on a couple of corperate things but I have to admit I had a lot of fun and was doing OK.

I want to thank Rufrdr for letting me shoot some of his collection, believe me he's go a few wtfwtf and to his friends for making my day a lot of fun.

Cheers
Alan
Attachments
1919 (800x600).jpg
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Dougan

#3 Post by Dougan »

Cool stuff! tongueout - what were those 'little guns' you were shooting (not jealous...no not at all...)? :P
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Sandgroper »

Looks like you're having some fun over there - revolvers don't do much for me, but those Webleys look nice - just a bit jealous! :lol:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

You are still only wearing a t-shirt, well for your information I wore a coat and a wolly hat today to the PO.

You do not care, do you, having the time of your life :lol:

tongueout

Enjoy :good:
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by 20series »

Sandgroper wrote:Looks like you're having some fun over there - revolvers don't do much for me, but those Webleys look nice - just a bit jealous! :lol:
Well I must admit I had a lot of fun, the Webleys were nice I think my favourite was the 1911 it shot well and felt like a real pistol :goodjob: The 10mm Smith was a bit of a beast even with down loaded ammo wtfwtf ,

The rifle range was fun, we had targets at 100 yards but there's a steel gong on the hill at 400 yards, it was quite satisfying ringing it with iron sights with the AR15, M14 and Garand bangbang :shakeshout: party2

Alan
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#7 Post by 20series »

A little bit of fun in the Sun, California style :goodjob: :cheers:
Alan

EagerNoSkill

#8 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Now that is Ballistic Masturbation if I may say so!!! ;)
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Looks like you had a great time and it is good to hear you were plinking with a Full-Bore forum member from across the water, that is the part that impresses me most, the generosity of forum members is always something rather special.

Nice one guys tongueout
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#10 Post by Dougan »

I know it's FB 'UK', but maybe we need a 'stars and stripes emoticon' (and I'm not being sarcastic for once :P )?