Congrats to Essexboy on Club Championship win

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Mr_Logic

Congrats to Essexboy on Club Championship win

#1 Post by Mr_Logic »

A good two days of shooting for the Ibis rifle club, short range out on Century yesterday and then long range at Stickledown today. Essexboy won the F-class section, though we were on TR targets only because of the heavy TR bias of the club.

I was in second by IIRC one point and a couple of V-bulls, so pretty happy with that given the ammunition issues with the 223. Mrs Logic was pretty happy with a decent showing as well - big improvement for her on the last outing anyway and she's very pleased.

Shame about the rain this morning - was the only slight dampener (haha!) on an otherwise excellent bit of shooting. Hopefully the 1000 / 1100 club comp in a fortnight is as good!
EagerNoSkill

Re: Congrats to Essexboy on Club Championship win

#2 Post by EagerNoSkill »

:goodjob: Essexboy :goodjob:
Good shooting!

Was tough conditions out on Stickledown this am!!!
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Well done to all :goodjob:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I also hear ENS did rather well in the F/TR class over the weekend, in fact he did very very well so a big well done to both of you :goodjob:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

#5 Post by EagerNoSkill »

I did well in the North London Rifle Club championship.

Small field and soem luck since a few shooters had some minor brain farts / implosions! :lol:

We did have F-class targets.... frisky wind changes and some nice rain to!! :roll:

We had fun with problematic markers all weekend - one did confuse me no end at 900 yards and probably cost me a point of three because my cockroach got confused by incorrect marking! kukkuk
essexboy

#6 Post by essexboy »

I must admit I thought we all did well just to see the target at 1k, I am seriously thinking about becoming religious after this year of shooting in the rain. I would also like to apologise to anybody who had the misfortune to see me changing out of my sodden trousers etc but will except no charges for hospital bills.

Steve