Barton Road Long Range Day 180812 Grove Smalls Arms.

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Barton Road Long Range Day 180812 Grove Smalls Arms.

#1 Post by Christel »

Fabulous day at Barton today, weather was just the way I like it, not a cloud in sight and warm. Got there slightly later than we planned due to our car refusing to start this morning, neighbour saved us with his jump cables. Guess it is time to get a new battery, we reckon the battery is from 1998, well done that battery.

Started in the butts, then at 800y used my new bipod and bag rider with the built-in adjuster. Worked a treat. Once the bipod is in place there is no adjustment apart from using the adjuster on the bag rider which is capable of moving my sight picture a whole frame. Back to the butts where another club member and I continued from earlier in the day setting the world straight, from milk prices to stray cats and everything inbetween tongueout
Skipped 1000y and instead I took some pictures.
Then 1200y where I really enjoyed shooting. I normally shoot a sighter, then I ask to shoot 5 and when done the butts tell me the spread. At 800y it could have been better, 1200y it was ok.

Fantastic weather, good company and a cracking rifle with all the right bits on it, can't ask for more. Thank you Ovenpaa!
Attachments
dragonfly.JPG
logs.JPG
range1000m.JPG
ovenpaa.JPG
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Barton Road Long Range Day 180812 Grove Smalls Arms.

#2 Post by Christel »

That dragonfly could actually be a damselfly.

Not sure... O:-)
DOGGER2UK

#3 Post by DOGGER2UK »

Christel you are correct it is a dragonfly, you can tell by the position of the wings at Rest
Dragonfly wings held open, horizontally or downwards
Damselfly wings held closed, usually over abdomen
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

DOGGER2UK wrote:Christel you are correct it is a dragonfly, you can tell by the position of the wings at Rest
Dragonfly wings held open, horizontally or downwards
Damselfly wings held closed, usually over abdomen
Ah yes, that rings a bell. Just that I could not see the colours very well as it was sitting there which is normally how I identify them, also the size, it is big enough to be a dragonfly but also small enough to be a damselfly if that makes sense :)

sign92
Dougan

#5 Post by Dougan »

Glad you all had a good day at Barton Road - it does look a nice range :good:

Nice pics too...is the second one for Jenks? :P

I can see Ovenpaa using his S&L; but were you using your 22C? ...if so, any pics of it with all the bits on...?
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

I've just found the other Barton Road thread - now while, that is a great picture of your butt ( :grin: ), I'd still like to see it with the pod as well....
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Funny enough, that was the question Ovenpaa asked me when we got home..."got any pictures of your 22C?"

When I said "no" but that I did take one for Jenks I got a funny look.... :lol:
Dougan

#8 Post by Dougan »

christel wrote:Funny enough, that was the question Ovenpaa asked me when we got home..."got any pictures of your 22C?"

Not only is your 'wildcat' (I think that's the term..?) a unique rifle, is now kitted out with home-made goodies, but also still has a wooden stock.....this makes it something special...and deserves full HD!

The 'disintegrating bullets' is interesting - but that's a question for another thread...