Barton road today 27th may

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

toffe wrapper

Barton road today 27th may

#1 Post by toffe wrapper »

The sun was out good company, Bumped into Ovenpaa who was guesting.
Finally shot the 308 on a dry day with little to no wind. Now zeroed @ 100, scope has 50 MOA of adjustment left. It shot sub MOA at 100 & 400 so now have a drop chat to work from.
Shot club comp with the 223 very very badly nuf said on that
Gave the 9mm LRR a run out @ 100 spray and play then let a couple of others rattle a few off. I can report no malfunctions, a pile of empty cases and the butts party patching lots of holes.

All in all a very good day and thank you to the RO,s

TW
Ovenpaa

Re: Barton road today 27th may

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

It was a great morning, I am pleased with the way the S&L shot, I have a true near zero wind 100m zero plus confirmed drops to 400m, I managed to have disqualified scrawled across my competition score sheet which was a good group albeit a half MOA left.

May thanks to TW for allowing me to try his 9mm, and not for the want of asking either, I suspect he offered me a go at least half a dozen time before I managed to get across to it.

I did the much needed TR140 load test for the Blackgun however I must admit to some issues with it on the point, it consistently shot 50+ inched high despite being backed right down to mechanical zero. It was not until later I realised I was winding the wrong way, I guess I was on S&B auto pilot :oops:

I blagged an invite to the next guest day plus I will see if I can 'spectate' at the next LR day.

I also came away with a near full box of Sako factory .308 subs tongueout
Attachments
SandL100m.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#3 Post by pe4king »

ovenpaa wrote:It was not until later I realised I was winding the wrong way, I guess I was on S&B auto pilot :oops:

David them yankee scopes turn the other way, yes it and others have caught me out on more than one occasion.
Other than the scope turning issues how was the rifle for you ?
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very well all things considered, not being used to such things it took a couple of shots to realise assisting the bolt forward juts gives feed issues, better to just pull it back and let go and after that it was fine.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#5 Post by pe4king »

So all down to load development now then, so the 73gr were promising then, if you get on with them and need more just speak to Paul he has access to a considerable quantity.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.