Kingsbury 20th May 2012

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Kingsbury 20th May 2012

#1 Post by TattooedGun »

Second outting with the Rem 700 today!

It was miserable and overcast, but luckily the heavens did not open!

was on Detail 1 so got to shoot first!

I love the fact I can manage everything I need to get on the range in a backpack, mat and rifle case, its epic... I'm not looking forward to TR next time I shoot! haha!

We started at 300 (and stayed at 300 as the army were on the next range over to us and something about the 3 mil rule? basically we can't be more than 200 yards behind them and they werent moving back or leaving by lunch).

my first shot, which was the same settings from the last time I was at Kingsbury at 300 was a 4, low and left, so I moved the POI up by a min and right by a min... unfortunately it ended up going low and right... another 4... both sighters down and not in the bull...

wound it up, and assumed that the wind took it farther out to the right than I wanted and first to count ended up high and right in the 4 again... would I ever find the bull? well actually yes, the next shot was a 5! woop I'm in! now just a slight adjustment to get me into the V... Next shot... 3!! oh dear... I think I wound the sights the wrong way again, and a little too far, or maybe a bit of trigger pull...

wound it back and got into the V bull - 3 on the trot! woop... a couple more 4's and 5's and another trio of V bulls... and then ended up trailing out on my last 3 to count! 5,4,3

Total score for detail 1 - a not amazing: 67.6

Went and marked, a fairly uneventful detail for the guys who marked for us and broke for lunch! (2 sausage rolls a ham and cheese sandwich, some walkers crinkles and a double decker, if you were interested :55: )

Back to it after lunch and I was determined to do better, and not wind the sights the wrong way (again!)... @ 300y

Since we didn't move back some of the other clubs got up and left, I for one wasn't going to waste the opportunity to shoot!

Maybe something to do with getting settled and not concentrating enough, or maybe because I left my rifle in a 3 and didnt correct before I got back on the range, second sighter a 4.... arghh, fingerscrossed come on baby! 1st to count... V - woop, a cracking start! V - woop! 5 - stuff it, its still a bull! V - Woop! 5... and another! and then I dropped my first one... a 4 :( awh man! V 4 V V 4 4 V 4 - I got some work to do, but a better 70.7 for the last detail of the day! I'm happy! I need some more range time to get used to my rifle and learn what the ammo does in the wind and what not, but all in all a pleasant day!

Again uneventful at the butts, just work duty! haha, had some interesting conversations about music gigs me and another fellow had photographed in the past that was good and talked bass guitars and guitars with another fellow... all the day needed for the 3 G's was some Girls... haha Guns, Guitars and Girls! - Heaven!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Kingsbury 20th May 2012

#2 Post by meles meles »

If you look closely on picture 2 you might, just might, be able to see us with our AIA Enfield style jungle carbine in 7.62x39 mm and a 30 round AK47 magazine 'neath it.

:wave:
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Some good pictures there and it sounds like you had a cracking day which it is all about.

sign92
TattooedGun

#4 Post by TattooedGun »

meles meles wrote:If you look closely on picture 2 you might, just might, be able to see us with our AIA Enfield style jungle carbine in 7.62x39 mm and a 30 round AK47 magazine 'neath it.

Had I known you were there I would have said hello! (Not that i'd have known who to say hello to mind, but I could have come had a wander! :) ) You have a good day?
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by bobbob »

TattooedGun wrote:
meles meles wrote:If you look closely on picture 2 you might, just might, be able to see us with our AIA Enfield style jungle carbine in 7.62x39 mm and a 30 round AK47 magazine 'neath it.

Had I known you were there I would have said hello! (Not that i'd have known who to say hello to mind, but I could have come had a wander! :) ) You have a good day?
Surely the black and white stripey hair would give you a clue. ;)
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
TattooedGun

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

Hmm, well I didn't see any badgers in the bushes when I went to relieve myself and I certainly didn't see any on the range handling rifles, so maybe he wasn't actually there :p
meles meles

#7 Post by meles meles »

TattooedGun wrote:Hmm, well I didn't see any badgers in the bushes when I went to relieve myself
We aren't the kind of Badger that allegedly hangs around on Hampstead Heath with Welsh politicians...
TattooedGun wrote: and I certainly didn't see any on the range handling rifles
Pawing rifles, ooman, pawing...

Maybe you heard our rapid fire around mid-day: two 30 round magazines blatted away as the Huns came out of the butts and attempted to storm up the hill...
Badger
Badger Korporashun

TattooedGun

#8 Post by TattooedGun »

meles meles wrote:
Maybe you heard our rapid fire around mid-day: two 30 round magazines blatted away as the Huns came out of the butts and attempted to storm up the hill...
Its quite possible, but I was probably down the butts at that point :(
meles meles

#9 Post by meles meles »

We were keeping the Hun off your back. They didn't make it into the butts...
Badger
Badger Korporashun

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

TattooedGun.

A gentle aside to you here mate and I hope that you won't be too shocked by it, apologies if you are.

I don't think Meles Meles is really a badger, I think he is a human being with identity issues and is perhaps delusional as well.

You were looking for the wrong type of animal at the range.

Considering his potential mental state it is probably as well that you didn't meet him. ;)

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/