Lambton Estate Charity Clay Shoot 2012

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Lambton Estate Charity Clay Shoot 2012

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Annual 525 bird clay flush shoot held at The Lambton Estate, Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham. The stands are not shown in the order we shot them. I'm a bit disappointed with the video TBH, i tried a different aspect ratio (or summit) on the camera which i thought would be better for clays, i.e. Full 1080p HD, rather than the 720p 'fisheye' setting i normally use for PSG etc, anyway here it is:

Partridge Stand - Low level driven clays, one of the easier stands in terms of targets, however you have to load fast! - We shot it reasonably well but we were rushed onto the stand and were not properly rested or prepared. We had only just come off the Waterhen/Rat stand and you have to walk a fair way including going up and down a 80ft bank, was jiggered but had to plod on as we were the first team there! - 50/75

Rabbit Stand - Ground level rolling clays, again a fairly easy stand but fast reloading required. We shot it poorly, we got some decent timing going between us and were not excessively caught out by loading times but we were simply missing the targets! 40/75

Duck Stand - The closest stand to English Sporting imo, which is the type of shooting my team practice and therefore the most enjoyable to shoot and we did quite well. 64/75

High Pheasant Stand - The widowmaker stand! No 'normal' clay shooter expects to do well on this stand and most teams are happy with a score greater than 15! Midi sized clays launched off the top of Lambton Castle which itself sits on top of a good height bank! We were more than happy with 26/75

Pheasant Stand - Midi sized clays driven straight towards the guns. The midi sized clays were new this year and they totally changed the stand. We shot it first and were simply not prepared for the speed at which the clays were flying! We shot it very poorly finishing with a p***-poor 25/75

Pigeon Stand - Another stand close to ESP type targets, great fun, once you eventually get on it!! As everyone who shot there on Saturday this stand was somewhat of a bottleneck. The first time we tried to shot this stand there were at least 21 teams in front of us, and with a 5 minute turn around time meaning a wait on a wind swept field of 1h45mins!! We left this stand to shoot elsewhere but even when we came back at the end of the day, we still had to wait a good hour :( I really hope the organisers will sort this out for next year - e.g. Stop taking any cards after 15 teams are booked on) 49/75

Waterhen & Rat Stand - Multiple distance and direction standard sized targets. Just look at the scenery, what a place to shoot! Even with a slightly disappointing score we had big smiles on our faces after this stand 48/75

Total: 302/525, not great, but not terrible!

All in all an excellent days shoot, thankfully we shot it on the Saturday as it was much colder and raining all day Sunday, i would've been suicidal waiting for the pigeon stand!!
DVC
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Lambton Estate Charity Clay Shoot 2012

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

That's one hell of a shoot! I kept expecting to see formations of aircraft going overhead. I liked the occasional splashes off the water fro the rat stand. :good:

Maybe this for next year? fingerscrossed

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

:lol: I'd be happy enough if I could use my FAC shotgun with the mag extension attached :twisted: Damn traditionalist! :roll: :lol:
DVC
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Sandgroper »

Blackstuff wrote::lol: I'd be happy enough if I could use my FAC shotgun with the mag extension attached :twisted: Damn traditionalist! :roll: :lol:
There I was thinking you were just being polite, restricting yourself to 3! :lol:

Spoilsports, for not letting you use the mag extension. :shock:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Doz

#5 Post by Doz »

Sandgroper wrote:Maybe this for next year? fingerscrossed
I want one!