Nightforce Zero Stop 'scope

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa

Nightforce Zero Stop 'scope

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Does anyone own one of the new Nightforce Zero Stop 'scopes? I was thinking about getting the ZS option retrofitted on my 42X to get the elevation turret as close to 'down' as possible for my 200m zero (less chance of loosing my place) However I am also thinking some careful shimming would achieve the same result.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

Re: Nightforce Zero Stop 'scope

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

Sorry,

"ZeroStop technology is available
on all Nightforce 1-4x24, 2.5-10x24,
3.5-15x50, 3.5-15x56, 5.5-22x50
and 5.5-22x56 NXS scopes. Existing
Nightforce riflescopes in these
configurations can also be retrofitted
to accommodate the ZeroStop turret".

http://nightforceoptics.com/nightforces ... pflyer.pdf
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

It is interesting that at the moment they only offer it on those models.
As you know, in the spring, I will be getting a grand + scope for the "Mexican" F Class rifle and as such have been searching searching searching for the best scope.

The NXS is second on my list but I have a sneaky feeling that 2011 will be seeing a number of manufacturers bringing out new scopes, many aimed at us.
A couple of months back a article on 6mmBR called for scope makers to get their acts together and give us what we want.
One design characteristic they wanted was a turret with a greater number of MOA per revolution, like the US Optics.

Consumer demand can make things happen, I was watching the response to the big S&B air gun scope. After enough hassle from the US, S&B finally said that if they could get enough interest then they would make the scope for full bore. They did and they have - unfortunately it is a giant and too big for most F Class rigs.

I wonder what we will see in 2011? Perhaps some 30mm tubes from Nikon? More from Sightron? Nightforce making some more models? Leupold waking up and getting with the game?
Time will tell,

DM
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Just recently I read of a Nightforce “High Speed Turret” which was going to be available for the NXS and would double the MOA per turn. Problem is where did I read it...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

Possibly here?
http://www.eurooptic.com/nightforce-nxs ... scopes.asp

Unfortunately they are still only available on the zero stop scopes and nothing above 22 magnification,

DM
sanselm

#6 Post by sanselm »

My March has a zero stop on it and I will not be parted from it - too bad I had to sell both my kidneys to pay for it. :?
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

The March 'scopes look to be very nice and make me wonder how long before we see 80x and even 100x magnification. I can still remember people saying any more than 36x would never come to anything.

Is the March glass Japanese?
/d

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#8 Post by Dangermouse »

I would be surprised if they source it from outside, certainly I have not seen them shouting about having used other companies glass,

March Scopes are manufactured by Deon Optic in Japan, they are assembled by 4 engineers with many years experience in manufacturing optical instruments and are built to exacting standard, with 3 main objectives:

1.Prevent unintentional shift of the POA (point of aim) particularly when altering zoom power
2.Provide superior image quality
3.Reliability without compromise
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is no denying German glass such as Schott is good but people forget that Japan has been building extremely high quality optical glass for many years now and German and Japanese camera manufacturers have worked together for years. I suspect American manufacturers are using Japanese glass more than they care to admit to as well.
/d

Shed Journal
sanselm

#10 Post by sanselm »

Their new 8-80 mag scope is selling extremely well! Really hot amongst air rifle FT shooters especially, parallaxes down to 10 yds!!!!
DM is right, Japanese glass and effectively hand built by a small number of people not a mass produced product by any stretch - shows in the price though.