pistol kits

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Dave 101

pistol kits

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

Does any one know of any pistol kits available , Iam looking for a kit to assemble the parts and do the finishing work of a flintlock or percussion pistol which is off ticket ie non firing ,
The altenative idea is to buy an original but would also need to be off ticket , its just for a display item .
Any suggestions appreciated .

Dave
Ovenpaa

Re: pistol kits

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I knew I had seen them somewhere! Hmm, not cheap though.

http://www.blackleyandson.com/loading.htm

Here is a thought... I seem to remember you are handy with wood and I have a metal lathe. If you can give me a drawing of the barrel (Hex would be nice as it hides the fact that it is not Damascus or similar) I can turn you a barrel, it would be smooth bored, and I would only counter bore the first couple of inches or so to save any legal issues, then you can buy a lock set from the link above. You have all the fun of building your own and it is totally safe to hang on the wall.

I might even build one as well :goodjob:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is a better link as it shows pictures of what you can buy

http://www.blackleyandson.com/acatalog/Pistol_Kits.html
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Dave

Thanks for the link , I had found that dealer and looked at the price and thought it was a bit pricey for what I had in mind , I looked at a couple of others as well
This is for the other half , what she likes the look of are small pocket percusion pistols as its her birthday in September it got me thinking . I would like something original but then I think it would have to be on ticket , so its a no no .
Thirty years ago I bought a set of plans for a Tower flintlock pistol which I still have somewhere I think . Maybe take you up on the offer .
Thanks again .

Dave
Pete Starley

#5 Post by Pete Starley »

Hi Dave,
I have a couple of new CVA pistol kits somewhere if of interest.
Pete