Latest Mod on my Xtrema2

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Robin128

Latest Mod on my Xtrema2

#1 Post by Robin128 »

The release button was agony to use repetitively so got one of these from Brownells...

BERETTA EZ BOLT RELEASE LEVER

Instructions were on Briley's website...

http://www.briley.com/ezlever/benellifi ... ctions.GIF

https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=268 ... EASE_LEVER

Job done...

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Latest Mod on my Xtrema2

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Nice one Rob :) Extended bolt releases should be standard for FAC shotguns imo, the original on my M2 was woefully small. I don't know why they make them so small at all anyway, its not like you're going to snag it while re-holstering (??) it like pistol :lol:
DVC
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

Thanks Mark...been meaning to do it for a while.

Dead easy to operate.

:)
Robin128

#4 Post by Robin128 »

Tried it out...it kept jamming. The wee spring operated clip that holds the cartridges in the mag didn't always...sometimes it released 2 cartridges. :evil: Luckily I bought another release button, just in case...fitted it in 10 mins (learning curve) and works well. :D

Either the previous one was made for a USA 391 or needed some fine tuning by a proper smithy. ;)

The new Angle Port button made by Ballistic Specialities, sourced from Brownells...

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#5 Post by TattooedGun »

how good is this?

I have an xtrema2 and I've noticed how hard the bolt release is!

how difficult was the install?
Robin128

#6 Post by Robin128 »

If you can change a wheel on a push bike you could easily do this mod...and It's well worth it.

You need the right size drifts...this is how to make the change...

Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

Blackstuff wrote:Nice one Rob :) Extended bolt releases should be standard for FAC shotguns imo, the original on my M2 was woefully small. I don't know why they make them so small at all anyway, its not like you're going to snag it while re-holstering (??) it like pistol :lol:

What button you got on there now, Mark? So far, I've only found one by G,G&G. They won't ship to the UK, Brownells are always out of stock and MidwayUK want 120 quid!!!! :o
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Nice one Rob :) Extended bolt releases should be standard for FAC shotguns imo, the original on my M2 was woefully small. I don't know why they make them so small at all anyway, its not like you're going to snag it while re-holstering (??) it like pistol :lol:

What button you got on there now, Mark? So far, I've only found one by G,G&G. They won't ship to the UK, Brownells are always out of stock and MidwayUK want 120 quid!!!! :o
I've no idea what make it is, or can remember where i got it -REALLY helpful eh?? :oops: :roll: :lol: I'll post a picture later. I do know i got it from the US and they sent it directly, so it wasn't Brownells :-P I'll see if i can dig out an old invoice . . .

Anyway, it replaces the whole bolt release mech, rather than just the button as that usually requires gunsmithing on a Benelli. I needed to do some grinding on it to get it to feed more easily but other than that it was a simple drop in unit, and if i can fit it ANYONE can! :lol:

Ok, had a look and it was this website;

http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/benel ... 66_70.html

But they don't stock the one i have anymore :roll:
DVC
Sim G

#9 Post by Sim G »

Blackstuff wrote:I've no idea what make it is, or can remember where i got it -REALLY helpful eh?? :oops: :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've found a "speed button" from the US, but the original button needs to be drill and tapped to attach it. I really fancied the g,g & g version as it has a really big "pad" to realease with. Might have to bite the bullet after the Mini 14 project and spring for one of them.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

This finish has worn a bit from over use :twisted: but its never failed me yet!

Plus i can change the button just by unscrewing it from the main mech

Still couldn't find any invoice etc to give me the name of the manufacturer :roll:
DVC