Gerber MP600 Multitool - NO KNIFE BLADE

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
breacher

Gerber MP600 Multitool - NO KNIFE BLADE

#1 Post by breacher »

Worried about Section 139 Criminal Justice Act ( locking blades etc ) when it comes to carrying a multi tool ?

Here is a possible solution for you............

It is the Gerber mp600 model specially produced without a knife blade - this was Gerbers response to US customers who needed to carry a tool at work but their workplaces had "no knives" policies. Such as schools and some federal buildings etc

Its in a black oxide ( milspec I believe ) finish. Includes the "fiskars" heavy duty scissors and the versatile "remgrit" hacksaw type blade ( replaceable )

Amazingly, Gerbers UK importers have no plans to import these - I checked !! On ebay currently at £70 but offered here at discount to FBUK members.

Brand new and includes Gerber nylon pouch.

Only £65 including recorded delivery ( based on paypal gift or bank transfer )
ChrisB

Re: Gerber MP600 Multitool - NO KNIFE BLADE

#2 Post by ChrisB »

CSR in Dec too?
breacher

#3 Post by breacher »

One sold to ChrisB.

4 more available.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#4 Post by kennyc »

are you seriously expecting a Police officer to not consider the hacksaw blade a knife blade? ~I realise it can be removed, but if fitted and locked then what is the difference?

(hypothetical question)
ChrisB

#5 Post by ChrisB »

I would assume that a knife blade is a knife blade and a saw is a saw....god, if only there were some ex-plod on here to give an opinion...
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

kennyc wrote:are you seriously expecting a Police officer to not consider the hacksaw blade a knife blade? ~I realise it can be removed, but if fitted and locked then what is the difference?

(hypothetical question)
I like that you focus on the saw blade, and not the scissors, you know, the two knives that act against each other to cut stuff :p
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

bradaz11 wrote:
kennyc wrote:are you seriously expecting a Police officer to not consider the hacksaw blade a knife blade? ~I realise it can be removed, but if fitted and locked then what is the difference?

(hypothetical question)
I like that you focus on the saw blade, and not the scissors, you know, the two knives that act against each other to cut stuff :p
if I was going to use it as a weapon then the point of the pliers would be far more effective than the scissors razz the saw blade is just that, a saw BLADE, I'm old enough to remember the hooha over these things ..............
dia2113-pbt.jpg
Dangermouse

#8 Post by Dangermouse »

Defence

The defendant is entitled to be acquitted if he shows on the balance of probabilities that:
he had "good reason or lawful authority" for having the bladed or pointed article; or
he had the article for use at work; or
he had the article for religious reasons; or
he had the article as part of a national costume; (Archbold 24-125).

The defendant does not discharge the burden of showing "good reason" just by providing an explanation that is not contradicted by the prosecution evidence: (Archbold 24-128). Where details of a defence are given in interview or in a defence statement, the CPS should consider whether evidence is available to rebut the defence and should liaise with police if additional enquiries or evidence are necessary. Any defence should be tested by robust cross examination.

If you don't think you can successfully argue "good reason" in a court then why would you need, or want to walk around with a blade?
Or vice versa.
DM
breacher

#9 Post by breacher »

Sorry - just noticed this moved here hence my delay..........

There has been no prosecution with regard to sec 139 for a screwdriver or nail file or remgrit type hacksaw blade ( or any other tool )fitted to a multi tool EVER.

Edit - just as a pencil although sharply pointed, does not fall foul of this legislation.
breacher

#10 Post by breacher »

kennyc wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:

(hypothetical question)
if I was going to use it as a weapon then the point of the pliers would be far more effective than the scissors razz the saw blade is just that, a saw BLADE, I'm old enough to remember the hooha over these things ..............
dia2113-pbt.jpg
you just answered your own question.

he can consider it a blade but not a knife blade.

it contains no knife blade.

yes it is a blade but its a tool blade which due to the rem grit material, is not actually sharp when run across skin etc

as i already said, a sharpened pencil technically is a pointed article but NEVER prosecuted u der this legislation which is aimed at knives and stabbing implements, in spirit.

put it this way, if stopped with a tool where you have gone out of your way to select one with no knife blade fitted, you stand a better chance !!