Myford ML7 Lathe for sale

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Ovenpaa

Myford ML7 Lathe for sale

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is my Myford ML7 lathe for sale. This is the lathe I built my first ever cleaning rod guide with, it was for an Accuracy International and I still have it to this day.

The lathe comes with a Drives Direct 3 phase 240 volt motor and controller which I purchased new probably 2 years ago and is running and ready for inspection. The Myford has the fine feed tumbler gears fitted which give a really nice surface finish and I have included a chuck for the tail stock and a face plate, I will also include a handful of cutters and the manual if I can find it. The lathe does not come with a chuck as I always used a collet chuck system and although I have the collet chuck adapter I do not have spare collets as they are used on another machine. They are easily sourced as sets or individually for very little money if needed.

The lathe is the normal Imperial ML7 and can be used for screw cutting at different pitches by swapping the change gears and I have a handful I will include with the sale. This has been a great little lathe and has served me well however I doubt it has been turned on in anger in the last 12-18 months other than to make sure it is all OK and to frighten the spiders away. The slide ways have some marks on them however the lathe is still sound and would do everything I would ask of it. This lathe has routinely held .001" and better for numerous jobs and I am quite sad to see it go.

Being cast iron in construction it is rather heavy however two of us managed to put it into place relatively easily. I will also include a load of offcuts of material to get the new owner started

Price is £675, I would consider something interesting in part exchange as this is really only going because it is never used and the space would be handy!
DSC_1517.JPG
DSC_1512.JPG
Attachments
DSC_1519.JPG
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
techguy

Re: Myford ML7 Lathe for sale

#2 Post by techguy »

If I had the money, and the space I would bite your hand off for this lathe :)

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure you won't have *any* issues selling it!
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you. What I like about this versus the newer 720 style imports is it has a huge iron mass so the whole thing is very stable when turning, plus every single spare part is available either new or reconditioned right here in the UK.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#4 Post by Demonic69 »

Damn! If I didn't have the ML4 :(
Jackmanuk

#5 Post by Jackmanuk »

techguy wrote:If I had the money, and the space I would bite your hand off for this lathe :)

Good luck with the sale, I'm sure you won't have *any* issues selling it!

likewise
greenshoots

#6 Post by greenshoots »

if only i had the space, just enough room for my micro lathe

greenshoots
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Pity you did not have it up for sale before I bought my Chinese jobby.
I would advertise it on Model Engineers web site.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1, I thought I would offer it here for a few days and then maybe pop it on eBlag. I would much prefer it to go someone with an interest as opposed to be taken by a dealer who just break it up and sell the parts off.
/d

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/ ... .asp?t=129
When I said Model Engineer I meant here its a web site dedicated to Model Engineering they have a classified section.
Just out of Curiosity what is our current Lathe.
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/forums/ ... .asp?t=129
When I said Model Engineer I meant here its a web site dedicated to Model Engineering they have a classified section.
Just out of Curiosity what is our current Lathe.
Yes, I know the forum and noticed you had joined up. I have been using a Warco at home for a couple of years and use a Harrison M300 and/or Colchester Triumph however that is an hours commute so we have a new lathe being installed April of this year which means I have a greater capacity from the SHED. I was talking to the Crane hire people only yesterday about the lift into place.
/d

Shed Journal