Anyone going to Warminster on 5th March with FCSA?

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

Anyone going to Warminster on 5th March with FCSA?

#1 Post by jmc67 »

Tomorrow is my first time going to Warminster with the FCSA and was wondering whether anyone has any tips on getting there, finding the place, whether there is somewhere I can get a bite to eat for lunch while there, basic logistics for the day there really? Bit of a noobie question I know, but justr want to check.....
M99

Re: Anyone going to Warminster on 5th March with FCSA?

#2 Post by M99 »

Just make sure you gave your details and vehicle details to JM in advance or you wont get on camp.
Take a packed lunch and warm clothes.

I dont tend to do Warminster as we cant shoot big stuff.

Ill be at sennybridge on the 16th though, well that is the plan.

Mike
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by jmc67 »

Hmmm, thanks MiLisCer, the car reg detail was one of the reason I posted this to be honest. On Johns email it just said 'let me know if you're going', which I did. But did not mention anything about the car reg, and was only today when I found some instructions on how to get there that I saw about the car reg being needed up front. So I've left 2 phone messages with the mobile I have for John to check whether I'll be let in if I go tomorrow, but have had nothing back, which is very frustrating.

It's a 200 mile round trip which could be for nothing if they don't let me in, so if anyone knows another way of getting in touch with John please let me know ASAP.
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by jmc67 »

Excellent all sorted - found another phone number for him, and I'm on the list for to tomorrow. Looking forward to it, and the first use of my 338 Lapua...
jmc67
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by jmc67 »

Just a quick update on this, having made it to the FCSA shoot at Warminster yesterday.

Overall an excellent day out, and after a foggy start we were blessed with glorious sunshine and light to no winds. Spent the first hour and a half going through zeroing and HME test for the 338. Then moved back to 900 yrds, and spent the rest of the morning between and cleaning the rifle after every few shots (new rifle). Then the afternoon was spent manning the targets. Really happy with the new Barnard PLM from Dolphin. Very light trigger which surprised me the first time I used it, but very solidly built, and the Niteforce NXS 12-32x scope meant that at 900yrds visibility of the target was not a problem. Actually got everything on the target which amazed me (especially given I wass setting it up at the time), and my last 3 shots were within about 18 inches of each other which I know doesn't sound too good but I still need to change scope position as it was set too far back for me which made sighting very difficult (excuses, excuses I know).

Met some great people and saw some really exceptional weapons. Overall I was really impressed, and am looking forward to the next time I can attend one of these shoots. Although I will need to get some reloading done for it - £4.50 per round of 338 is not conducive to a alot of shooting.