1st shots of the new year

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

essexboy

1st shots of the new year

#1 Post by essexboy »

Essexgirl and myself had a load testing afternoon at bisley on Saturday and very nice it was. We had a new load we had tested at 100yds for her 223 rem and needed to check that it was ok further out. We booked a f class target at 300yds and Ta Da it was there ( well done the N.R.A )
The weather was ok(no rain) party2 light steady winds. After an initial zero off she went, 2 strings of 15+2 later only 2 points dropped and far too many v's for my liking ****
When I got back to the point I said, well that didnt go to bad, the reply, huh I got 2 fours, I then had to explain that if she shot like that in the st George there would be a good chance she would qualify for the finals.
All in all a good first shoot for the new year. The thing that did surprise me was the lack of other shooters, on the whole of century there was only 1 other target being used, there were a few on short Siberia.
I always think that the low season months are ideal for this type of thing as the charges are so low, 2 people shot for £11.00 a piece, a BARGAIN party2 party2

Essexboy
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: 1st shots of the new year

#2 Post by bobbob »

The VAA are at Long Siberia today, about 20 of them so I've been told. Very damp and boggy though.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#3 Post by shugie »

Didn't hear the hooter at Bisley go this morning, we were shooting on a busy Melville, but all seemed quite elsewhere apart from the shotguns. Stickledown was deserted, a few hardy folk on Century 600yds, the 300yd car park looked busy. No idea of what was happening on Siberia though.

Nice to get out and shoot, but with only nine of us (two new probationers included) we made a loss on our range charges.
Careful now/that sort of thing
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#4 Post by mag41uk »

My club was on SS at 200 on saturday.
We had two targets and ended up with 14 members turning up!
As a result didnt get to shoot all I wanted to.
Had a go with a mates AI AX.Pleasant enough!
Tony