Southern Gun Company AR15 .223

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: Southern Gun Company AR15 .223

#21 Post by pe4king »

ovenpaa wrote:Do you know what the OAL of the AR is with any particular bullets and the longest the Colt magazines will actually take? I am just thinking about loading and the Wylde chamber is going to enable me to seat long.
David I have just measured the colt mag and the max o.a.l you are going to be able to load is 2.270" the best bullets for that are going to be 77gr SMK or the 73gr Berger LTB's we spoke about you should then be good to 800yds +
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#22 Post by Sim G »

77gn SMK's. The heaviest length tolerant bullet there is, I'm sure.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#23 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:77gn SMK's. The heaviest length tolerant bullet there is, I'm sure.
Ill concur with that one
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Christel
Site Admin

#24 Post by Christel »

Pe4king, Really good to meet you today, even Blue thought so ;)

Glad to hear you like your "new toy"
pe4king

#25 Post by pe4king »

Likewise
Loving the new toy I didn't want to put it in the cabinet last night, it should have been in bed beside me, like in the old days sign01
Sim G

#26 Post by Sim G »

pe4king wrote:Likewise
Loving the new toy I didn't want to put it in the cabinet last night, it should have been in bed beside me, like in the old days sign01

We really need "this one is beyond help or redemption" smilie......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#27 Post by Christel »

:lol: :lol:

I wasn't going to say it...glad you did SimG.
pe4king

#28 Post by pe4king »

Be honest and tell me you have never loved a gun soooo much sign85
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

She has and does :lol:

I must admit I am very taken with my AI, it is like being with an old friend these days. I do remember taking out of the box and it was perfect in all respects, these days it has scuffs and marks on it, drop tables, cheek piece that that the neoprene is wearing off and so many other things that make it mine. I can instinctively twist the elevation and windage turrets to the distance and conditions and be within a couple of klicks of where I wanted to be, hell I can even recite the drops for given distances. I know the sound of an empty magazine as the last round is fed and I know when to adjust the elevation as the barrel warms up. It has taken a few years to get to know it this well.

I do like Christels S&L as well but no way do I know it as well as the AI.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blu

#30 Post by Blu »

Dave, a wee tip/recommendation if you like, buy an RCBS SB (small base) X-Die and save yourself a load of trimming back of the .223 cases. For new brass all it takes is the initial trim back, after that when sizing through the X-Die the case will grow 2/1000's and stay there.

If it's once fired brass use the X-Die as a normal FL die, trim the cases and the next time set the X-die as per instructions, after that you may have to trim one or two cases but that it pretty much it. It will save you a fair bit of time if you plan on reloading lots of ammo for the AR-15

Blu :twisted: