smith & wesson LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

PaulR

Re: smith & wesson LBR

#11 Post by PaulR »

joe wrote:
mag41uk wrote:The Smith from merkle is about £3k.
I asked one of the owners at my club last sunday.
He also said that didn't include the flights etc going over there for a "fitting".
Tony

£3K for f*** shake!! talking about pulling down your pants and bending over !
£3K isn't too bad considering. Back in the early 1990s I paid £700 to have my standard S&W 686 modified by Southern Guns to be converted into a competition pistol. It was called a Piranha. So with the cost of the donor pistol included that worked out to around £1000.

My pistol was as good as the German offering (although they weren't around back then) and was a precision bit of kit.

So if you work on that cost, add in 20+ years inflation, I guess it's what you would expect to pay £3000 for this sort of workmanship.

I belong to the same club as Tony and can vouch for the quality of the German pistols, they both look more or less the same as my old one (now part of a drain cover :cry: :cry: ) with a similar spec, but with an ugly wrist brace extension out of the butt and a much longer barrel.

Just my opinion.............
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#12 Post by NoEntry »

Would either of your clubmates consider some photos of their guns??

Mike
PaulR

#13 Post by PaulR »

NoEntry wrote:Would either of your clubmates consider some photos of their guns??

Mike
I'm sure it won't be a problem, one of the guys is a photographer, he'll probably have some already, I'll ask.
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
PaulR

#14 Post by PaulR »

NoEntry wrote:Would either of your clubmates consider some photos of their guns??

Mike
Here you go:

And the link to the Company - How's your German?

http://www.merkle-tuning.de/
PaulR

NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

#15 Post by NoEntry »

Very very nice.

Is it just me or does it appear as if it's shorter than the Taurus?

Do you know if it's a full length barrel or a smooth bore extension?

Mike
John MH

#16 Post by John MH »

That is actually quite nice in a perverse kind of way. How much are these?
phaedra1106

#17 Post by phaedra1106 »

Is it just me or is that barrel seriously Fugly??
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
PaulR

#18 Post by PaulR »

John MH wrote:That is actually quite nice in a perverse kind of way. How much are these?
About £3K.
PaulR

judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#19 Post by judders »

phaedra1106 wrote:Is it just me or is that barrel seriously Fugly??
Nope, not just you.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Sandgroper »

John MH wrote:That is actually quite nice in a perverse kind of way. How much are these?
Agreed - but at 3K it loses its appeal somewhat, plus it would be worth more than all my rifles together!
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.