BR 18th August

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Re: BR 18th August

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

What is this pint you speak of? I am on SA Red @ twenty quid for 9 litres and it seems to be working quite nicely..
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#22 Post by Dougan »

meles meles wrote:*swigs another pint*

"Did we mention the time when Badger Korporashun launched a mission to explore the surface of the sun? We had to line our shoes with tinfoil of course because of the heat..."

troutslapping
Silly badger...you should have gone during the night! :P
Mr_Logic

#23 Post by Mr_Logic »

Pray tell, Christel's 22c - forgetting the exploding bullet issue and range regs, how fast can that thing get an 80gr? A mite quicker than 3250 I fancy - my 223 is 3050 with 80 amax.
Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

31 minutes of elevation at 1200 yards on Saturday so 3300 fps on the nail allowing for temperature.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#25 Post by Mr_Logic »

That does motor! Is that from a 100 yard zero? Ballistic says it should be more like 37 minutes, and it's normally quite well behaved!
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

Ovenpaa has used quite a few ballistic calculation programs and the 22C has never matched any of the numbers.
Ovenpaa

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

...including modified algorithms in Pejsa models. It just seems to get slipper as it moves on from 950 yards and we have never fully understood the reason. I have for a long while suspected that some of the heavier smaller cross section bullets perform differently at distance and I know a couple of other long distance shooters have experienced similar. We cannot blame the 'scope as it has been tested on an Accuracy International shooting 7,62x51 and was well within .25MOA of my drops all the way out, any variation on that day was probably environmental.
/d

Shed Journal