Lantac LA-SF .22lr

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: Lantac LA-SF .22lr

#11 Post by BamBam »

Compact in the house.

Andy

#12 Post by Andy »

Nice !
I need to shift my Kriss first
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Shot mine today.
Raining as usual so I just zeroed the 1-4 and then shot 400 rounds off hand, CCI Standard.
No ammo issues and for a milspec trigger, that ALG QMS is pretty good.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#14 Post by shugie »

Compact is the dogs, balance is right and it points nicely. Saw a Calibre Innovations 9mm straight pull last weekend, apparently that can be had with a 12" barrel, and I must admit to being tempted, would be a very similar size and weight to my Lantac 22.
Careful now/that sort of thing
BamBam

#15 Post by BamBam »

The barrel profile and handguard is really important, the latest incarnation of CI is still using a fairly heavy handguard.
Gh0st

#16 Post by Gh0st »

BamBam wrote:The barrel profile and handguard is really important, the latest incarnation of CI is still using a fairly heavy handguard.
Did you try before you brought one?
BamBam

#17 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:
Did you try before you brought one?
Try what?
Gh0st

#18 Post by Gh0st »

The hand guard on your Lantac? You mentioned it was important... just wondered if you tried yours before you brought it?

I know I was after a particular handguard but when I actually got it in my hands I didn’t like it so switched
BamBam

#19 Post by BamBam »

Gh0st wrote:The hand guard on your Lantac? You mentioned it was important... just wondered if you tried yours before you brought it?

I know I was after a particular handguard but when I actually got it in my hands I didn’t like it so switched
I've followed the development of the Lantac SPADA handguards for some time. I have the first incarnation the SPADA-S on my CMMG, I have the M-LOK version on my straight pull Raven and now the ML, which stands for M-LOK Lightweight and is the standard handguard on the SF and now also on their Gen II Raven straight pull.

The whole LA-SF15 range was on the Lantac booth at Shot show, with the ML handguards. The .223 version of the LA-SF15 we get here in .22 is the Patrol, which is a very well balanced law enforcement carbine and had just passed tests with the LV PD that month, officially approved. Booth had a lot of local retailers and LEOs visting to check it out.

So while I didn't get to shoot it, the handling characteristics were evident. Throughout the week I visited just about every major manufacturer and got to handle what they have on offer. Most were still too chunky and had no feel of lightness. It's probably only a few ounces heavier than a carbon handguard.

I can't wait to to shoot a 3 gun match with a 16" .223 SF rifle, it's got to be worth breaking into the top 50 at the ProAm.