ER40 Collet chuck

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Alpha1

ER40 Collet chuck

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

As new ER40 collet chuck with locking nut. 125mm diameter 95mm register. £45 posted.
Ovenpaa

Re: ER40 Collet chuck

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

What are you replacing it with Alpha1?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

The register on the one I'm selling is the wrong size for my lathe I was using it with a backing plate. I have purchased a chuck with the correct size register and a full set of imperial and metric collets. I find the collet chuck much better when making things like H&I dies and holding small pieces of round bar stock for machining.
A added bonus is I can also use the E40 collets on my mill and in my tailstock with the correct holders.
The E40 collets go up to 30mm so they cover just about anything I'm likely to make as long as the work piece is round of course. teanews :good:
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I use the Crawford 5C ctype ollets and find them to be very effective. What sort of run-out do you see with your ER40 system?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

The Crawford 5c collets are nice pieces of kit. I could not really justify a set up like that for the type of stuff I'm doing. The E40 chuck has very little run out since fitting the new one everything is much better. I spent today machining H&I die bodies for my cast boolit projects I'm set up to do that now. My next challenge is devising a means of cutting the internal diameters to precise sizes.

Any way back to reality it looks like there is no interest in the chuck. Ill have to find a project some thing I can turn it into. I suppose I could try sticking it on ebay.
teanews Hmm
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

bumpsign £40 posted.
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Looks like ebay then.