A much belated range report!

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Dr. Strangelove

A much belated range report!

#1 Post by Dr. Strangelove »

As some of you are aware, I visited the States for nearly a month over the summer. The main aim of the trip was to learn to (safely) throw myself off various objects and survive but, being the responsible shooter I am, made sure some range time was arranged!
Most of my shooting occurred at a friend’s house down in Georgia. He is a former USMC Colonel and a great guy. His collection of firearms is impressive, everything from M1897 trench guns to suppressed Colt .45 variants to a full-auto (suppressed as well, of course) Uzi and M4 (with 5.45, 5.56 and 7.62x39 uppers, full-auto, suppressed).
I spent several days down in Georgia, visiting gun shops and taking in the culture. Naturally that included visits to several gun shops! I had to be dragged away from each of them!

Two of the days were designated as range days. The first was a rather quiet affair, with just the Colonel, a friend of his and the other guests (five of us in total) with some rifles that the Colonel’s friend brought:

Who recognises the black rifle?

The next day was a larger affair, with about 15 people all told. Pictures don’t do the amount of weapons that were there justice but here are some to give you an idea!

One of the highlights for me was shooting the full auto MP5 that one of the Colonel’s friends brought. I filled the drum magazine in about five minutes and unloaded it in under 30 seconds!

https://vimeo.com/51355106

Later on I fired the Uzi, suppressed and unsuppressed. I liked it a lot! The videos aren’t that great unfortunately but here’s one of the suppressed M4. I was holding the magazine like that to keep it from falling out! And the batteries in the red dot sight had run out so I didn’t bother having it mounted.

https://vimeo.com/51357427

We finished off the day with some jars of tannerite. We forgot to warn Mrs. Colonel and she and the dogs weren’t best pleased when we got back!

https://vimeo.com/51357426

A brief report and a few months overdue but I hope you like it (and don’t get too jealous!)
Dougan

Re: A much belated range report!

#2 Post by Dougan »

That looks a whole lot of fun clapclap

Great range report...belated or not :goodjob:
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: A much belated range report!

#3 Post by Sandgroper »

Nice one! clapclap
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison