Thetford 20-1012

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Harrier1980

Thetford 20-1012

#1 Post by Harrier1980 »

Hi all,

I had my first try at fullbore on saturday, and loved it. one of the guys at my (smallbore) club invited me to shoot in their two section shoot (SB v FB).

we started with 30x .22LR @ 100yrds (4x what I had shot previously), then we split in half, I started in the butts, a very interesting experience, and then we swapped over for 12x 7.62x51 @500yds and then 12@600yds.

an overall good day, the weather kept dry, and I was not last (16/17), so was very happy. :shakeshout:

Richard.
Ovenpaa

Re: Thetford 20-1012

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thetford is a lovely place for an introduction to full bore shooting, it is well laid out and tended, the range warden is a top chap and the frames slide with ease, always a nice place to shoot. Just remember to rake the gravel when you have finished or there will be hell to pay!
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Meaty

#3 Post by Meaty »

ovenpaa wrote:Thetford is a lovely place for an introduction to full bore shooting, it is well laid out and tended, the range warden is a top chap and the frames slide with ease, always a nice place to shoot. Just remember to rake the gravel when you have finished or there will be hell to pay!
And dont be tempted to take a pop at one of the numerous pheasants that wander down the back stop to check out why the sand is splashing, or the deer that have been known to wander across the range during a detail kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
tackb

#4 Post by tackb »

Meaty wrote:
ovenpaa wrote:Thetford is a lovely place for an introduction to full bore shooting, it is well laid out and tended, the range warden is a top chap and the frames slide with ease, always a nice place to shoot. Just remember to rake the gravel when you have finished or there will be hell to pay!
And dont be tempted to take a pop at one of the numerous pheasants that wander down the back stop to check out why the sand is splashing, or the deer that have been known to wander across the range during a detail kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
I saw someone put a round of rg ball through a pheasant there once , and then left it flapping about on the butt stop , now i've killed a lot of stuff over the years but to break from your target to wound an out of season game bird and then carry on as if nothing happend made my blood boil ! I finished it with an expanding round and told the perpetrator my feelings and then he wouldn't even climb up the stop to fetch it ! (so i went) **** **** ****
Meaty

#5 Post by Meaty »

He should count himself lucky that he wasn't banned for life-we have enough hurdles to climb without behavior like that.