Who is shooting at the weekend

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa

Who is shooting at the weekend

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

It was 12.5C for my ride in this morning, almost Spring like weather which means no more cold weather excuses. Soooo who is shooting at the weekend? Hunting, target, clays whatever any plans anyone?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Who is shooting at the weekend

#2 Post by 20series »

Friday afternoon, doing some .22 prone 50mtrs.

Sunday, hopefully finalising load development for the .308 :D

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
tisme

#3 Post by tisme »

I'm lucky I'm out most evenings looking for fox no matter what the weather. The snow was good as didn't need a lamp most nights. Sunday we are playing shot through a polo, 50p a shot, first to do it takes all. Last time a friend won £55.50.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

tisme wrote:I'm lucky I'm out most evenings looking for fox no matter what the weather. The snow was good as didn't need a lamp most nights. Sunday we are playing shot through a polo, 50p a shot, first to do it takes all. Last time a friend won £55.50.
Are you seeing a lot of fox at the moment?

The polo comp sounds like fun, what distance do you shoot it at?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
25Pdr

#5 Post by 25Pdr »

Sunday night Mini Methuen comps with 22 Martinis....
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Mini-Methuen.htm

Followed by 4 or 5 rounds of PP1 with 38 Marlin :)

Monday night sporting rimfire, Wednesday Clays. No Fullbore Ranges booked yet here in central Scotland till weather gets a bit better, plus since we usually shoot at Military Ranges,(Garelochead and Castlelaw), the increased cost means they are booked with more than one club sharing the cost on the same day.

With Landmarc now stipulating that two Range Officers must be present at a cost of around £40 an hour each, a days shoot is quite expensive.

As a matter of interest. what does it cost you guys down south?
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

We shoot on an MoD range in Cambridgeshire. club membership is GBP30/year and range fees are GBP12 for the days shooting at 800-1200 yards. The club has long range meets monthly plus many more meets at shorter distances.
/d

Shed Journal
tisme

#7 Post by tisme »

ovenpaa wrote:
tisme wrote:I'm lucky I'm out most evenings looking for fox no matter what the weather. The snow was good as didn't need a lamp most nights. Sunday we are playing shot through a polo, 50p a shot, first to do it takes all. Last time a friend won £55.50.
Are you seeing a lot of fox at the moment?

The polo comp sounds like fun, what distance do you shoot it at?
50 yrds last time so not far but some people turn up with air rifles and some RF.
Must admit I've not done it so far, thats a small hole.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

So it is not a matter of breaking the Polo, you need to put the bullet through it?
/d

Shed Journal
Blackstuff

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

People haven't been shooting because of the bad weather, pah, bloody jessies! :lol: The only thing i've had to do without is going to the MOD range (until Sunday gone) because the Army was scared of a bit of snow and wouldn't open the range! Good job they're fighting in the warm desert at the moment! :roll: (Joking btw, before i get a Scotsguards kicking! :lol: )

Friday i'll be going to the indoor club to check the zero on my 9mm, Saturday i'm supposed to be doing a gallery rifle competition in Carlisle (but i think the boss may have other plans :( ) and Sunday its clays at the strawbaler in the morning and off to the Steve Smith clay ground in the afternoon to introduce another consignment of my mates to shooting :)
DVC
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Our range has been shut for the last two LR meetings due to lack of RCO's and now we have a new year with lots of dates and my SCC has not turned up yet! Hope it is here for the weekend :(
/d

Shed Journal