Ballistics for Excel

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Ballistics for Excel

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I spotted a reference to this on the Aussie F Class site and had a quick look. This chap certainly seems to know his stuff, well worth a look and it is free to download and use as well.

The Robert Meijer the author has a PhD in physics and says:
Ballistics for Excel is an Excel add-in that allows shooters familiar with Excel to create customized calculations, graphs and tables. With BfX, Excel is a great way to calculate your rifle settings, to calibrate your scope or iron sights, to explore trajectories, to study the effects of wind even if it varies in magnitude and direction along the bullets path. Metric and imperial units can be used, help is at hand, BfX is accurate and fast.

http://www.bfxyz.nl/
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

Re: Ballistics for Excel

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Interesting thanks for the link.
Ovenpaa

Re: Ballistics for Excel

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Within the site I found an article where someone was using it to compare calibres & projectiles For F-Class with this screen shot, it looks to be an incredibly powerful tool, it does however mean I need to boot into Win7 to use it :(

/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal