a nation of shop keepers

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
wildrover77

a nation of shop keepers

#1 Post by wildrover77 »

"I am trying to remember who it was insulted Britain by calling us a nation of shop keepers; you have to wonder at the insult. What is it with gun shop owners in this country, I have found very few who are actually nice people, helpful and courteous the rest seem to think you are there to provide them with a living and should be grateful for having the opportunity to do so.

I can highly commend Fox Firearms and Osprey Rifles along with TJ McAvvoy and Tim Hannams; however the rest leave a lot to be desired.

My visit to a shop in Pudsey yesterday has prompted this rant after having to wait for 45 minutes as they walked to outer Mongolia to find the different parts I wanted, which they seemed to think was my fault, I finally walked out after being given a lecture about how I was inconveniencing them on their busiest day and in future I should come prepared with an exact list of what I require without any obscure parts which they need to search in the stock room for.

Does anyone else have gunshop which they can recommend for their desire to serve you rather than vice versa."
Robin128

Re: a nation of shop keepers

#2 Post by Robin128 »

Please adhere to the forum rules stated above.

:D
Sandgroper

#3 Post by Sandgroper »

wildrover77 wrote:I am trying to remember who it was insulted Britain by calling us a nation of shop keepers;
Napoleon Bonaparte.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Wildrover,

I'm most put out to hear of your experience with that famous Pudsey gunshop - SNIPPED.

Every month I enjoy a very pleasant hour in the company of Ken, discussing motorcycles, guns and generally putting the world to right!

For those who shoot black powder and lead boolits (I don't anymore) it is a veritable Aladin's cave and even for me, they always carry a great stock of Sierra bullets as they are one of only a handful of UK importers.

If classic military rifles are your thing, again they always carry a good stock and are always sourcing new supplies.

Furthermore, they have a marvellous secondhand shooting book library which can keep me amused for the odd hour - some real classics waiting to be discovered.

Usual disclaimers
Vince
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Guns and Motorbikes are the two most talked subjects in our house, with the Dakar a close third. I am invariably suspicious of people who do not shoot or ride a motorbike. I mean, what on earth do the do evenings and weekends??
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Watching those dirt-bikes running the dunes on the Dakar tonight - sheer heaven!

Cheers
Vince
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

Essential viewing in our house. Eurosport was running late last night and Christel had given up and jumped in the bath so we ended up watching it on a laptop with me sitting on the bathroom floor.

It cannot be missed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#8 Post by HeatherW762 »

ovenpaa wrote: I mean, what on earth do they do evenings and weekends??
You must have led a very sheltered life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#9 Post by Mike357 »

I concur with wildrover!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

#10 Post by spud »

Sportsman can be hard work if you need something out of the ordinary.
ImageImage