Today we went to Bisley...

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Today we went to Bisley...

#1 Post by Christel »

...not to shoot, to meet up with two forum members, R.G.C and Fred.
I was anticipating a nightmare of a drive to Bisley from home which is inbetween Bedford and Milton Keynes however it was not that bad, a few parked moments in the morning going there and straight home in the afternoon. First recognisable person we bumped into was Duff Eyed Doyle, good to see you again, hope the shooting went well.

We had been given the name of the lodge where they are staying and after having asked Chris in the Range Office (Heather's Chris) for directions off we went and promptly got lost. Then even more lost. Ended up down at the bottom, next to where the military is shooting. After having asked a very nice guy on a buggy for directions he decided to take us there, very likely based on the totally lost and bewildered expressions on our faces. Without SatNav...

We got there, knocked on the door and met R.G.C and Fred for the first time, R.G.C's daughter joined us later and we spent the entire morning chatting and then out to get some lunch and then back for coffee. Excellent to meet up! Yes, it was all about INCH, Millennium, shooting, sights and the most amazing rifle I have seen in a long time. Fred's rifle is a work of art if you ask me. Of course it has an INCH action :good:
R.G.C, thank you for your hospitality, Fred thank you for putting up with us who know no French and thank you to R.G.C's daughter for inviting me to go shopping at Evans :lol:
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Today we went to Bisley...

#2 Post by 20series »

sounds like a terrible waste of a day I was much happier stuck at work :cool2: :cool2:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
karen

#3 Post by karen »

Iain said he saw you - he wasn't the guy on the buggy was he?

Love

karen
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

We saw Iain outside HPS and he was on a buggy however it was another person on a buggy that very kindly took us to our final destination. I did recognise him but the name evades me.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

Ah, forgot to mention Iain!
That was after we met Duff Eyed Doyle, and before the nice man on the buggy.
I completely forgot we stopped at the HPS shop, I think I forgot because I did not go in. Ovenpaa went and spanked his card and I waited in the car trying to get my breath back from the drive down, that bloody traffic. Oh, and I checked in on the forum.
That is when we met Iain, he came in a buggy as well O:-)
fred

#6 Post by fred »

:australia2: :good:
fred
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Look at that!

Fred, thank you for posting :)

That is one fine looking rifle, love the barrel, stock is out of this world, yes I would give one house room.

sign92
fred

#8 Post by fred »

Hi Christel
it would be even more beautiful with bipods that makes your husband ,in gold of course ! clapclap
Fred
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

He has just built me one!

:lol:

...not in gold... emrolleyes
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Your rifle looks good, I assume an offer of 50Euros is not going to be accepted? :lol:

I have just added this to the Vikings bipod and it seems to work very well, it makes setting the bipod to level so much easier.
level.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal