GLOP now officially on sale

JDR imports reloading goods to order and has a special interest in historical carbines and all forms of S1 pistols and revolvers.

We also supply everything to do with wet tumbling, with machines ranging from the Rebel 17 to the large, industrial-sized CRC units.
JD4570

GLOP now officially on sale

#1 Post by JD4570 »

Dollop it over the loaded chambers of your BP revolver or smear onto a rifle patch and use as bore lube.

We're trying it in a 100ml size tin £5.25 including P&P. Mention your UK Fullbore handle in your PM or mail during June and I'll send you one for £4.75. It's about 20% cheaper than the leading US brand and won't run all down your arms once the gun warms up.

If you're really not sure but would like to give it a go, mail me for a mini sample - I've got about 20 available.

Jon
Christel
Site Admin

Re: GLOP now officially on sale

#2 Post by Christel »

People who got free samples....you know who you are...well I hope you do because I lost track .....could you please give some feedback to Jon about the Glop?

Does it work?
Doz

#3 Post by Doz »

christel wrote:People who got free samples....you know who you are...well I hope you do because I lost track .....could you please give some feedback to Jon about the Glop?

Does it work?
Of course, unfortunately haven't managed to get to the range to try it yet.
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by IainWR »

Will be delighted to report the results of the NRA BP cleaning trial involving several machines / processes / substances including GLOP.

Report in October or thereabouts.

Iain
NRA Firearms manager
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

Haven't shot it yet, one of the reasons is that it doesn't work out of a lube extruder. I was planing using it in some BPCR loads I'm putting together but it wouldn't ribbon to cut the lube cookies out of.

Not the end of the world for making lube cookies but its consistency means it has its limitations at the loading stage and I'm not sure I'd want to use it for lube cookies now anyway.

When I've used up the current lube in my BP lube sizer I'll see how it works on bullet lubing.

Just on a personal note it stinks of wintergreen, that is fine if you like that smell but its not one I'm at all fond of. Its far to institutionally medicinal for my nose. :cry:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
JD4570

#6 Post by JD4570 »

dromia wrote: ...it doesn't work out of a lube extruder.

...in my BP lube sizer I'll see how it works on bullet lubing.

... it stinks of wintergreen... :cry:
I had better take those one at a time:

REVOLVERS: Apply with knife or spatula over each loaded chamber.

RIFLES: It's not intended to be extruded as lube cookies at all, so it won't ribbon. GLOP is meant to be applied either to a dry patch (both sides but with additional next to the bullet) and used instead of oiled patches. It means you save money on buying lubed patches.

GLOP isn't designed for lube-sizers - it's solely for hand-lubing muzzle-loaders. I'd better add that to the blurb. By the way, I do have plenty of 50/50 and non-Alox sticks in stock though for that purpose.

The odour - that's the drawback for some people with one of the other brands too. Mine's not wintergreen, but I guess it's going to be like Marmite - love or hate it. One chap called it GLOP for the Discerning Gentleman. Not for dabbing behind the ears though :lol:

Hope that's helpful.

Jon
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Ok so its a BP lube with limited applications thanks for clearing that up.

Whats your BP stick lube like then?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

JD4570

#8 Post by JD4570 »

There's traditional 50/50 Alox/beeswax and three speeds of non-Alox lube. Details are here:

Lube sticks

I'm biased for sure, but wouldn't use anything else.
dromia
Site Admin

#9 Post by dromia »

So there is no petroleum or synthetic lube in the three speed lubes?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

JD4570

#10 Post by JD4570 »

I'm sure that is correct, but will check with the supplier and let you know OK?