S Class shooting - a discussion

Sporting-Class. Everything you want to know about this new discipline including course of fire, competitions, rifles, regulations and how to get involved.

Moderator: dromia

spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

Re: S Class shooting - a discussion

#11 Post by spud »

cool i can use my 284 shehane in my sako 75 stock
ImageImage
spud

#12 Post by spud »

What youve started dave is baby F TR

Are you going to use the mens f class targets or the old boys tr targets
ImageImage
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#13 Post by M99 »

Sounds like fun.

I would be happy to run a rifle in each class, the Remi 223 in the "Pred" class and either my 6.5x55 Tikka or my really oooold PH 1100 deluxe in the other.

Mike
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#14 Post by Steve E »

I'm liking the idea of this. Please no rear bags. Looks like an excellent plan for my project .303 TR/ftr.

I think we should use ICFRA targets but then I'm biased.

Steve
Sandgroper

#15 Post by Sandgroper »

spud wrote:What youve started dave is baby F TR

More Open than F/TR.

As this idea matures, I would like to see S-Class targets developed. Possibly, along these lines with the aim to be a little different and challenging.

“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
spud

#16 Post by spud »

Whats about mods and breaks.

And i dont mean Dromia is a mod and well break for dinner either.
ImageImage
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

spud wrote:What youve started dave is baby F TR

I would not think of it as baby F/TR, more a new lightweight class, it as much a change of style as anything and brings shooting back down a notch or two and yes it would be F Class targets. Despite the challenging size of the targets I would be more than happy to see people shooting with open sights and I suspect a few on here could hold their own rather well with open sights.

It can also be run as a postal league for many members, the only criteria is access to F Class targets with the smaller dimensions, also in small groups by those lucky enough to be able to get to a range with a few others. I am sure we can also arrange an 'S Class meeting' at Bisley for those who are close enough to attend.

Remember the only limitations are 15Lbs/6.8Kgs all up with a front Harris type rest, 12x 'scope and rear bag if used so it could be shot TR style with a 6.8Kg rifle using a 6mm SLR cartridge as much as a .303 with cast boolits, also I would suggest that separate front rests were not allowed nor the F/TR type bipods, this is more about the person than the budget and bling.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mark, Muzzle brakes are the work of the devil, moderators however... well they reduce noise and perceived recoil but they weigh a bit as well so maybe there is a trade off here, yes use a moderator just keep inside the weight limit.

The 'rules' are open for input from everyone, I am just trying to put on paper what I have felt for a while now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sandgroper, in DK they use animal shaped targets with scoring zones that cannot be seen by the shooter as they are very subtle in colour, it means you have to know what you are shooting at as well as how to shoot and yes, an occasional round with such targets would be great to shoot.
/d

Shed Journal
Sandgroper

#20 Post by Sandgroper »

ovenpaa wrote:Sandgroper, in DK they use animal shaped targets with scoring zones that cannot be seen by the shooter as they are very subtle in colour, it means you have to know what you are shooting at as well as how to shoot and yes, an occasional round with such targets would be great to shoot.
Sounds good to me. :good: I agree, occasional rounds with different targets to keep everyone on their toes.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.