Marlin Jam

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Marlin Jam

#1 Post by Mike357 »

Can someone please explain exactly what the symptoms of this are as I may have a dose on my 44!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dougan

Re: Marlin Jam

#2 Post by Dougan »

Do you mean that when the lifting arm brings a round up, another round comes out underneath it - causing a real PITA of a jam!...surely not in a Marlin :G

Or do you mean when the bullet catches the edge of the chamber on it's way in?
Ballistol

#3 Post by Ballistol »

meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#4 Post by meles meles »

Symptoms of marlin jam? Sticky fingers with a fishy smell...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#5 Post by Mike357 »

meles meles wrote:Symptoms of marlin jam? Sticky fingers with a fishy smell...
Quality. :lol:

On Sunday at the start of Practice, I racked the gun to put the first round in the chamber and it half came out the chamber before the rising litter caused the round to jam tight against the top edge of the magazine tube. Required the bolt to be removed to clear it. Happened again with the same 6 rounds straightway.

However, I ran snap caps, 6 new.rounds and then the suspect rounds through it at home and it was fine. It is quite a stiff clunky gun to cycle but is going to Valkyrie Rifles next month for some TLC.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
phaedra1106

#6 Post by phaedra1106 »

One of the problems is the loading gate screw comes loose, even a slight loosening can cause problems with the lever sticking or not fully cycling.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#7 Post by the running man »

there are no end of problems,is the lifter ok? has the circlip come off the spring thingy on the lifter?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#8 Post by saddler »

My mate in Leith has fixed ALL the Marlins in the club of this little issue

May be a closer/quicker job to visit him than send the gat by courier - he can do the repair while you wait - or just mail the carrier to him

PM me if you want more details
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#9 Post by mr smith »

saddler wrote:My mate in Leith has fixed ALL the Marlins in the club of this little issue

May be a closer/quicker job to visit him than send the gat by courier - he can do the repair while you wait - or just mail the carrier to him

And very good he is too.Did mine just before the phoenix last year.I'm pretty sure Mike knows about this chap already.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#10 Post by saddler »

mr smith wrote:
saddler wrote:My mate in Leith has fixed ALL the Marlins in the club of this little issue

And very good he is too.Did mine just before the phoenix last year.I'm pretty sure Mike knows about this chap already.
:shifty: shh!!

Don't tell anyone - not worked out my commission rate yet.... :good: fingerscrossed

Aye - he is a Bisley attendee