Vimy Ridge

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Ovenpaa

Re: Vimy Ridge

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very good site, I have been a member for a while, mostly lurking and it is well worth checking in on from time to time.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

Re: Vimy Ridge

#12 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:Very good site, I have been a member for a while, mostly lurking and it is well worth checking in on from time to time.

In 2006 with friends I was going to visit the Somme staying in Albert, the evening before we travelled i was just browsing the Great War Forum and Happened to notice that a new Memorial to the 46th north Midland division was to be unveiled at !400hrs the next day at Auchy les Mines, directly behind the Hohenzollern Redoubt which my great uncle died attacking exactly ninety one years earlier. I had planned to visit the battle field on the way down to Albert. We raced down and arrived just five minutes after the ceremony started. A very moving experience. . If i hadn't read it on the G/W/ forum I would have missed it Great site.