NRA Journal Spring edition

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: NRA Journal Spring edition

#21 Post by dodgyrog »

Mine arrived today - ok I suppose but I have to say I blasted through it very quickly.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
cheeky

#22 Post by cheeky »

karen wrote:Yes!

Yours is in the post I guess - bit late for the advertised Easter Meeting though :o

Looking forward to seeing your name in print??? :lol:

Love

Karen
Goodness gracious me!

That is nothing like the letter I wrote. It has clearly been written by someone who doesn't know what the National Match is for starters (as opposed to the National Championships!), and it completely misses the point about lack of coverage of team shootin in general, over-concentration on certain ins and photographs thereof, and fails to understand the logic of not being able to trust articles about disciplines other than one's own when there are obvious inaccuracies in the coverage of the article that one does know.

It is dead wrong to attribute a 'letter' to someone that is not what he has written without checking it (and indeed his willingness to be published) first.

I am, frankly, appalled.
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

No sign of ours yet, maybe tomorrow.....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
cheeky

#24 Post by cheeky »

cheeky wrote:
karen wrote:Yes!

Yours is in the post I guess - bit late for the advertised Easter Meeting though :o

Looking forward to seeing your name in print??? :lol:

Love

Karen
Goodness gracious me!

That is nothing like the letter I wrote. It has clearly been written by someone who doesn't know what the National Match is for starters (as opposed to the National Championships!), and it completely misses the point about lack of coverage of team shooting in general, over-concentration on certain individuals and photographs thereof, and fails to understand the logic of not being able to trust articles about disciplines other than one's own when there are obvious inaccuracies in the coverage of the article that one does know.

It is dead wrong to attribute a 'letter' to someone that is not what he has written without checking it (and indeed his willingness to be published) first.

I am, frankly, appalled.
NB "ins" = "individuals" (changed above, since it won't let me edit the original). My computer seems to be an ignorant and overenthusiastic editor...
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

20 mins to edit, post locked after that or ask me/Dromia

O:-)
cheeky

#26 Post by cheeky »

christel wrote:20 mins to edit, post locked after that or ask me/Dromia

O:-)
why only 20 mins?
Ovenpaa

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

I think it is a forum thing. I know there has been discussion about it before however I am not sure where the 20m eventually came from. Christel will be back in a bit and should be able to help.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#28 Post by IainWR »

Hi Cheeky

Why not publish your original letter in full on here with a link to the abridged versi
bobbob

#29 Post by bobbob »

I have something in a plain grey plastic bag. Must be my journal as Bnz got his.
Why don't the NRA have a "couples" membership? We would be happy to have just one copy to save money.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
karen

#30 Post by karen »

bobbob wrote:I have something in a plain grey plastic bag. Must be my journal as Bnz got his.
Why don't the NRA have a "couples" membership? We would be happy to have just one copy to save money.
Just tell Heather as there is an opt out for the Journal in the Membership database for exactly that reason

Love

karen