A deserted warehouse

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
25Pdr

Re: A deserted warehouse

#11 Post by 25Pdr »

He was into shooting from an early age, at the age of 12 he once beat the highest score of a bunch US Marines visiting our range, and that with a 1911A1. He doesn't have the time now.
jjvc

#12 Post by jjvc »

One of mine, a X1 Lightning. On the road from St Mary's Loch to Moffat. :D

Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

A true delinquents motorcycle! I would give it house room. These days I just have the R1200R and 1946 16H however my son has just got a 450 Husaberg SuperMoto which I can play with.
photo.JPG
HARRrrrrrr!!!!!! More fun than a fun thing (I used to run a 650 and love 'em!)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
jjvc

#14 Post by jjvc »

Aye those supermotos are a fun bike ovenpaa :D

What is a 1946 16H btw?

Joe
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

The 16H is a 500cc side valve Norton single, they were used as despatch rider bikes during the war and many were then sold off to the general public, mine is unusual in that it is a true post war model with a slightly different engine but still with the pre war girder front forks and a rigid rear end. It was the first restoration I carried out on my own as prior to it I would work with my father on such things, it is also virtually the only one left after my divorce ;)

I have lost count of the old Brits I have owned and I have no idea where my passion for them comes from (maybe it is a mechanical thing) as I was a devout Jap 2 stroke fan and rode a mixture of Yamaha twins and Kawasaki triples and even a 750 Suzuki triple along with European competition machines.

I think my favourite bikes were a Clubmans Road Rocket (BSA) Possibly a pre war Calthorpe (I liked the name!) and my beloved basket case 1925 Matchless V twin that I sold to fund my 4(T) earlier this year.

It was no fun commuting on the 1200 today, a mix of cold, rain, bumpy roads and idiots in cars had me mentally counting down the days to the Christmas break and a few days in the warm.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Angelfire

#16 Post by Angelfire »

Non of these bikes can hold a candle against my old bike. :lol: :lol: A three speed 125 BSA Bantam. :lol: :lol: Although when riding into a headwind, third was unatainable, it did not have the guts to pull it. Ahhhhhhhhhhh those were the days.

Regards

Phil* :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!.
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hah! I had a 125 Bantam, it broke down, I threw it in the bushes and walked... I kicked myself many years later and went back and checked but it was long gone.

Worse still, I knew of not one but two (yes two!) Three wheelers like this:

OK, not as nice but you get the idea...One had a tree growing through it when I saw them last, again I bet they are also long gone
/d

Shed Journal
jjvc

#18 Post by jjvc »

I only ever had one brit bike a BSA 250 Barracuda, i sold it in 74 and then had a succsession of jap two strokes until about 1980 when i switched to jap four strokes. The Buell has been my only american machine, at the moment i also have two GSX1100G's, wifey has a 600 Hornet and a 125 Van Van.

Joe