Scout Scope.....

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Scout Scope.....

#1 Post by Sim G »

Burris Scout Scope. x2.75 fixed power, intermediate eye relief. Matt black finish, with a duplex reticule.

These scopes are designed to be mounted forward of the action. This gives you the advantage of being able to shoot with both eyes open, a great advantage whether shooting game or competition. This type of scope gives you the speed of a red-dot, with the precision of a scope.

There are actually only two true scout scopes on the market at the minute, this and the Leupold. Those that are advertised as such are generally Chinese made pistol scopes with the paralax adjusted. The eye relief on pistol scopes is all wrong for mounting in the scout configuration. Pistol scopes have a long eye relief, true scout scopes have an intermediate eye relief.

2.75 power does not seem a lot, but I've used this scope out to 600 yds easily. The concept is, "if you can see it, you can hit it." It is fog proof, waterproof and shock proof.

This scope is in fantastic condition with chrystal clear lenses and no dings or scratches. However, there is some marring on the finish from the rings in which it was mounted. It comes with the bikini covers originally supplied, storage cloth and box. The scope carries Burris' life time guarantee and the registration card is still in the box, unfilled. It's built to last.

Quality like this though, doesn't come cheap. Street price in the UK runs around £260. Originally I had this up for £160, so let's have a crack at an asking price of £130. I'm not going to go any lower, if no one is interested, back in the cupboard it goes......

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Scout Scope.....

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

I would love to take it off your hands, but at this point in time there's no chance. If it goes back into the cupboard fingerscrossed , I would seriously consider it (later on) once I get figures for my dismissal payment and/or when I win my appeal!

ATB with the sale. :good:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

Sandgroper wrote:I would love to take it off your hands, but at this point in time there's no chance. If it goes back into the cupboard fingerscrossed , I would seriously consider it (later on) once I get figures for my dismissal payment and/or when I win my appeal!

ATB with the sale. :good:
Aye

In the same position myself, almost: I'd love the scope as I have a XS scout mount for my Win 94 Trapper....but not working at the minute so will see how my assett stripping works out
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Ok fellas, this is what I propose....

If this doesn't sell by tomorrow, it goes back in the cupboard. And when it does, Grant has first refusal should his circs change and likewise, if Grant doesn't then want it, Jon has his name on it, should he want it, when his position changes.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

Cheers Sim, you're a Gent! :good:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.