A few answers

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

A few answers

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

Rather than pick out all the various bits of the threads I have started another one with some answers, hope that helps.

Range Office Targets:

There will be ROT's on every Saturday from 3rd March to 27th October, Century am and Stickledown pm. More targets will be put on as they fill up so you may also get Stickledown am and Century pm as well depending on range availability.
The Range Office are also planning ROT's on Butt Zero for target shotgun once a month and McQueen once a month.
All dates for the weekly ROT's will be on the website next week with the monthly ones to follow as soon as plotted.
All ROT's will be payable on booking and will be £15 per hour per person, 2 people to a firing point/slot.

Short Siberia:

We are working to extend the covered points at 100yds to around target 10 instead of just to target 5. We cannot go any further because of the 200yd points. However we are also working on being able to have all the targets functioning at 100yds right the way across. Everything has been agreed in principle - we just have to work out the bugs now.

Other bits:

Evening shooting on Melville - in the planning stages
Evening Courses - Charles and I have discussed this at various stages but had been overtaken by other stuff, it now back at the top of our to do list.
Affiliated club members shooting at Bisley - being looked at
Newsletter that non members can sign up to - we now have the software for this sort of thing so - like the idea and added to my to do list

There are also other projects in the pipeline which I cannot say anything about at the moment, so watch this space and keep the ideas coming as we are taking them all seriously.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: A few answers

#2 Post by dromia »

Thanks Heather. :good:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Excellent start Heather :goodjob:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#4 Post by M99 »

You sound busy! Hope it goes well.

Mike
Quarters

#5 Post by Quarters »

Thanks Heather.
That all sounds good. Great to have you on this site.
Dangermouse

#6 Post by Dangermouse »

Heather,

Sounds like an exciting year coming up, I particularly like the idea of being able to practise target shotgun outside of events.

Do make sure that we get the emails, as it is clear that the NRA needs to hard sell these things due to us shooters being bad at checking what is available on the NRA website,

All the best,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

I like the sound of it, hope it works out :D
JonC

#8 Post by JonC »

Good stuff, and thanks to for everybody's hard work.
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is a good start Heather, I look forward to reading more on this and thank you for keeping us informed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kingburyshot

#10 Post by kingburyshot »

looks good!