Tikka 590 trigger

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

Re: Tikka 590 trigger

#21 Post by M99 »

essexboy wrote:
Chapuis wrote:You are right Essexboy a cross shot and a couple of double taps on the keyboard. It may shoot and it certainly looks like a decent bit of engineering but what's it like on driven boar. Too radical for my liking. :bad:

I dont know as it's chambered in 6mmdasher and driven [running?] boar is shot with .22rf, funny enough i used to shoot running boar/deer but a guy in the club i shot in is a CHEAT so i dont anymore
He means Driven Boar as in the real thing not a target.

Mike
Ovenpaa

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

essexboy wrote: Thanks, the joystick is just a lock off, once the elevation has been set. I dont get any flex on the front end it's thicker than it looks, 1/2" if i remember, but i milled the bottom out just leaving two 1/2" runners for it to ride the bag on.
I built the rest belt drive as i'm a bag squeezer, so with a joystick type rest i would have run out of hands. The rest by the way is still in prototype stage hence no powder coat or polish yet.

steve
Ah, I understand now. Did you machine the timing pulleys yourself? I had to get some in the other day and they are not cheap. Any chance of some more pictures of the rifle and rest, I always interested in such things and plan on making a tube gun chassis for my Barnard at some point this year.

I prefer to finish in house and I seem to be mostly finishing with black anodised and shiny finish these days and it does look good if I say so myself.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

essexboy wrote:...the machine by the way shoots 5 shot groups in the 1s thats 5 shots in a 10th of an inch and holds less that 1/2 min vertical at a 1000yds.
The 6mm Dasher does shoot well, have you taken it beyond 1000 yards yet?

It would be interesting to see how your Dasher compares to Christels 22C, they sound similar accuracy wise.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
essexboy

#24 Post by essexboy »

I took it out to 1100yds on Sunday, a few v bulls but I missed the wind change now and then. I didn't think it was too bad as I was using old gash cases and a iffy load, it still managed to hold 1/2 min vertical. I think I ended up 3points behind a guy shooting a big 7mm.

Steve
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is certainly still a place at the 1000 yard point for the 6mm and smaller :good:
/d

Shed Journal
essexboy

#26 Post by essexboy »

The pulleys by the way were about £5.00 each, at that price I was expecting some sort of cast alloy junk but when they arrived they were proper steel en3 I think and machined up very nice.

Steve
Ovenpaa

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was after decent aluminium ones and ended up at Motionco who stock HTD and 9mm belts but they cost me GBP50 for the pulleys and belts.
/d

Shed Journal