Tikka 590 trigger

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

essexboy

Re: Tikka 590 trigger

#11 Post by essexboy »

One home made rifle
Christel
Site Admin

#12 Post by Christel »

Oh, that is rather special, what is it sitting on at the front?
Farley?
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

essexboy wrote:One home made rifle
Heh! I like that. However I am confused, I think I understand the concept of the two belts assuming they are elevation and windage but what is the joystick for?

Do you get much flex from the front end?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tikkathreebarrels

#14 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

essexboy wrote:Image

One home made rifle
Rifle? Rifle? Where?

:0037: Oh there it is! I see it now :goodjob: :goodjob:
Chapuis

#15 Post by Chapuis »

Nice bit of engineering there Tikkathreebarrels but that ain't a rifle it's a shooting machine. I much prefer the photographs of your propper rifles that you posted previously. Now what was it they said about the sten gun? Oh yes the plumbers dream. Now what do what would you call that - a scaffolders dream perhaps? And as for the catterpillar tracks at least you should be able to drive it out of the mud. :lol: :run:
essexboy

#16 Post by essexboy »

Chapuis wrote:Nice bit of engineering there Tikkathreebarrels but that ain't a rifle it's a shooting machine. I much prefer the photographs of your propper rifles that you posted previously. Now what was it they said about the sten gun? Oh yes the plumbers dream. Now what do what would you call that - a scaffolders dream perhaps? And as for the catterpillar tracks at least you should be able to drive it out of the mud. :lol: :run:

Interesting comments there, but you have aimed it at the wrong person, i built the shooting machine and the rest, the machine by the way shoots 5 shot groups in the 1s thats 5 shots in a 10th of an inch and holds less that 1/2 min vertical at a 1000yds. As for a scaffolder yup used to be, these are the people who built the house you live in, the office/factory you work in and i was going to say the school you went to, but looking at your spelling, perhaps not.
Last edited by essexboy on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
essexboy

#17 Post by essexboy »

ovenpaa wrote:
essexboy wrote:One home made rifle
Heh! I like that. However I am confused, I think I understand the concept of the two belts assuming they are elevation and windage but what is the joystick for?

Do you get much flex from the front end?

Thanks, the joystick is just a lock off, once the elevation has been set. I dont get any flex on the front end it's thicker than it looks, 1/2" if i remember, but i milled the bottom out just leaving two 1/2" runners for it to ride the bag on.
I built the rest belt drive as i'm a bag squeezer, so with a joystick type rest i would have run out of hands. The rest by the way is still in prototype stage hence no powder coat or polish yet.

steve
Doz

#18 Post by Doz »

essexboy wrote:[ be warned i am not an engineer, just a bloke with imagination and some pointy tools etc]
Understatement of the year I think! That's one heck of a piece of work Steve, I have pointy tools but it'd take me the rest of my life to turn out something like that!
Chapuis

#19 Post by Chapuis »

You are right Essexboy a cross shot and a couple of double taps on the keyboard. It may shoot and it certainly looks like a decent bit of engineering but what's it like on driven boar. Too radical for my liking. :bad:
essexboy

#20 Post by essexboy »

Chapuis wrote:You are right Essexboy a cross shot and a couple of double taps on the keyboard. It may shoot and it certainly looks like a decent bit of engineering but what's it like on driven boar. Too radical for my liking. :bad:

I dont know as it's chambered in 6mmdasher and driven [running?] boar is shot with .22rf, funny enough i used to shoot running boar/deer but a guy in the club i shot in is a CHEAT so i dont anymore