8x58RD Brass & bullet source found

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Ovenpaa

8x58RD Brass & bullet source found

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just found a source of 8x58RD Brass and bullets in Denmark and will be picking some up for us in the future. The bullets are Milsurp or Factory and are GBP56.50 per box of 50, expensive but it does give a source of brass. The brass I will have a price for in the morning.

I know it is an obscure cartridge however if anyone wants me to pick some extra cases or bullets up at the same time let me know please. They also have many other obscure European cartridges in stock if anyone is after anything specific.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
jjvc

Re: 8x58RD Brass & bullet source found

#2 Post by jjvc »

I would be interested in some brass when you get a price David.

Joe
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

The 8x58RD Joe? We are waiting for the chap who deals with it to be back in the shop again, Christel will chase it up :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Woodshot

#4 Post by Woodshot »

Count me in for the 8x58R brass David when you obtain a cost
Jim
Sandgroper

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

Do you think your source would have any 8x56R bullets (0.329), brass (boxer) or Steyr M95 en-bloc clips?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Tower75

#6 Post by Tower75 »

Sandgroper wrote:Do you think your source would have any 8x56R bullets (0.329), brass (boxer) or Steyr M95 en-bloc clips?
+1 on that sign92
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
jjvc

#7 Post by jjvc »

ovenpaa wrote:The 8x58RD Joe? We are waiting for the chap who deals with it to be back in the shop again, Christel will chase it up :good:
Yes the 8x58, i would be interested in a 100 cases please.
I am in no rush for it, just whenever.

Joe
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well the good news is the Brass and ammunition is now sourced.

I have a choice of factory loaded ammunition at around GBP56.50 per box of 50 depending on the exchange rate on the day. The bad news is the brass. It is supplied (Plus may well be manufactured by) Haerens Laboratorium which is now AMA.

Price to me is DKK20/unit or GBP2.23 EACH! If anyone still wants some please let me know however I think this is bloody expensive personally and I am as well off just getting a couple of hundred factory rounds at around a quid each
/d

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Hells Teeth that even dearer that Bertram.

8 x 56R brass is only £42/100 and works just as well as the original brass with no die reforming necessary. See other post here: http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=10

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
jjvc

#10 Post by jjvc »

A bit to pricey for me Dave, i will pass on it.

Cheers anyway,

Joe