Ideas needed ASAP

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
JonC

Re: Ideas needed ASAP

#151 Post by JonC »

Cider might be a better bet
Dangermouse wrote:
perhaps a range of Bisley perfume for the guilty feeling male who needs to take his wife something home?

DM
John25

#152 Post by John25 »

A brewery? Bloody good idea!

Two pints please

:cheers:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Dougan

#153 Post by Dougan »

Dangermouse wrote:perhaps a range of Bisley perfume for the guilty feeling male who needs to take his wife something home?

DM
eau de borefoam?

Chanel 009?
Ovenpaa

#154 Post by Ovenpaa »

Youngs 303 behind the ears. Having said that I think the Viking is sporting something from L'occitane.... hardy suitable for a rifle tho'
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John25

#155 Post by John25 »

Penhalligans bore cleaner? She likes the sound of that!
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Sim G

#156 Post by Sim G »

I've had a flick through this thread, more as an idle curiosity as the rest of the forum was quiet. I'm not a member of the NRA. I haven't been since 1989 after losing my full bore semi's......

That said, I've still shot at Bisley with an affiliated club and at the Phoenix.

The NRA is a subject that comes up a lot amongst club shooters, believe it or not. And generally, from the conversations which no doubt are mirrored up and down the country, I am left with one abiding impression. "The NRA is a dinosaur dedicated to a few very strict disciplines and if you don't shoot them, then you can clear off......"

I don't necessarily hold that view now and that is in no small part to the information given here by NRA staff. Which leaves me with only one "idea" to increase the revenue.

Sort the bloody PR out! The NRA is almost a swear word with a heck of a lot of shooters. (and the two "rumours" I heard last week in the club-house were very unpalletable indeed....)

New toilet blocks would be great, but of no use whatsoever if the concensus is that the whole place is a toilet with nothing but sh1t at the top.......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#157 Post by dromia »

Sim G wrote:
Sort the bloody PR out! The NRA is almost a swear word with a heck of a lot of shooters. (and the two "rumours" I heard last week in the club-house were very unpalletable indeed....)

New toilet blocks would be great, but of no use whatsoever if the concensus is that the whole place is a toilet with nothing but sh1t at the top.......

:good: :good: :clap: :clap:

If its changed then people should know about so as to be able to support the changes. Communication needs to improve.

I'm sure people know more about the NRA from here than they do from the official organs.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Tower75

#158 Post by Tower75 »

I don't want to jump on the wagon or anything, but to be fair, that is a very good point.

PR

I knew there was an American NRA when I was about 8 years old. I only found out there was a British NRA when I was about 3 years into my shooting hobbie. And I really couldn't figure out what they did, I knew there was this place called "Bisley" but that was sort of it.
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#159 Post by Mike357 »

How about a newsletter for anybody to sign up to?

That way, non members like myself who only hear about the NRA on FBUK can see what is going on and make an informed decision as to whether membership offers any benefits?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dangermouse

#160 Post by Dangermouse »

As a kind of reply to Towers comment re not knowing about the UK NRA, I would say that his experience is almost typical of most shooting in this country. The shooting sports do little to raise their profile with members being suspicious of outsiders making it notoriously difficult to get in to the sport, and that is without all the rings you have to jump through once you have found a club.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.