22C Wildcat

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Christel
Site Admin

22C Wildcat

#1 Post by Christel »

This is a picture of my wildcat, I do of course wish she was pink like Heather's rifle but I have been told a girl can't have everything she wants.

It is a Savage 12BVSS stock, tru-flite barrel, competition Savage Accu trigger, the latter I have had to work at getting my head around. It is two stage with an ultra sensitive trigger and it will click sometimes when I fire because the bolt has been closed too fast. Before I master this I will obviously not compete.

Cartridge is a 6.5x47 necked down to .224. All the details about the necking down and case preparation has been posted in the Reloading section on this forum.
I use H4831SC 42.1 gr and 80 gr Moly Coated Sierra Matchking. The cartridge flies ultra fast. Muzzle velocity is 3250 feet a sec.

The barrel was meant to be very long but somehow ended up being 28.5 inch. The rifle has a 4 way adjustable Tubb on the end and I have never used it. It will be removed and replaced with a piece of turned wood at some point. (Ovenpaa will do this)
About two inches of the butt was removed when I first got the rifle, Ovenpaa used a jigsaw, he did apply some finesse however I have always laughed at that.

It has a slider fitted on the underside so it can sit on a pair of rabbit ears. Also a slider on the front underside so it could sit on the Rock I have just sold. This slider will be removed and a ski bipod will be fitted. (Ovenpaa will do this)

More to follow...
Attachments
DSC00094.JPG
The Gun Pimp

Re: 22C Wildcat

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Christel,

Pink? The nice thing about your rifle is that almost everyone would walk past it without giving it a second glance - yet it's probably totally unique with that chambering. We haven't built another since yours and the original one we built for Stuart is no more.

I have a 22 Dasher - which is very similar - and I keep thinking about re-chambering it in 22 Christel due to the work involved in case-forming with the Dasher.

Christel - I like the new 'Competitive shooting' forum - great idea. Let's hope this will attract all posts related to competition and competition rifles to this location.

Cheers
Vince
Blu

#3 Post by Blu »

Christel, how about one of these to have some fun with.
KittyRifle.jpg
Blu :twisted:
Blu

#4 Post by Blu »

BTW Christel, if you really wanted an all pink rifle there may be folks that do it over there. Here's a website of one that does it hear.

http://www.jimsgunsupply.com/DuraCoat/d ... tures.html

Blu
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

The digital clown is lovely!

Maybe my next rifle will have some pink on it.

.....kitty rifle....drawing the line there me thinks. :D
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

The Gun Pimp,

I did actually think you had built one. I find the case preparation fairly simple with the 22C, only disadvantage is of course that I can't buy cartridges for it when out and about.

Yes pink :D

Am I right when I say that your Dasher doesn't fly as fast as mine?

You are absolutely right about the anonymity of my rifle, to most people it is "just" an ordinary Savage.
Blu

#7 Post by Blu »

Christel,
It will be removed and replaced with a piece of turned wood at some point. (Ovenpaa will do this)

slider will be removed and a ski bipod will be fitted. (Ovenpaa will do this)
You do know that slavery has been abolished, right? :ugeek:

Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

:o :lol:
Blu

#9 Post by Blu »

Hey, just checking is all

Christel
Site Admin

#10 Post by Christel »

Scope is an IOR. The glass is out of this world excellent. Forget S&B and their extreme prices.

Power: 6 to 24
Object lens: 50mm
Eye relief: 90mm (3.5")
Diopter adjustment: -4 to +4
Click adjustment: ¼ MOA
Wind adjustment: 27 MOA from centre to extreme left or right
Vertical adjustment: 55 MOA
Tube diameter: 35mm.
Length: 405mm (16")
Weight: 930g (33.9oz)
Reticule: MP8 DOT (in the second focal plane)
Reticule illumination: Battery powered with seven intensity settings.
Turrets: Large tactical turrets

Ovenpaa says he thinks the turrets are a tad agricultural however I can't see that. I think the scope looks mighty nice on the rifle. Big and imposing.