Ruger 77/22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Ruger 77/22

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ruger 77/22, I do not see them very often and they look like a capable rimfire, has anyone tried one?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Ruger 77/22

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Only time I have seen them is the rather tasty examples, both new and used posted for sale on the SYSS web site. These are in various states of customisation but I agree, they do look well proportioned.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dave 101

#3 Post by Dave 101 »

I tried one a few years ago and wasnt imprest with it , I would go for a CZ ,plenty of choices of style depends what you want it for , they do come in short threaded barrels if you want one for hunting , or the Varmint scope only option , or stainless in kevlar stock , you can get trigger kits for them I just fitted a lighter trigger spring in mine ,

Dave

http://www.czrifles.co.uk/
25Pdr

#4 Post by 25Pdr »

ovenpaa wrote:Ruger 77/22, I do not see them very often and they look like a capable rimfire, has anyone tried one?
Handled one recently....Looks nice...Got to say though if your looking for the ultimate B/A Rimfire Sporter it's got to be a Sako Finnfire..Got one and would never part with it. :good: