Brownells USA

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Ovenpaa

Re: Brownells USA

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

My mails to SincInt always used to go in the spam filter apparently.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#12 Post by Dave 101 »

I check and delete spam daily so I know its not there .

Dave
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

It was my mails in their spam filter, I ended up calling them to see where an order was and they tracked down my 'missing' mails and were very good to get things moved.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
alan108

#14 Post by alan108 »

I dealt with Brownells just recently,ordering a Tmney trigger kit for a Browning A-Bolt,arrived in a box 10" alround!! It was only two springs!Still, no problems with them at all,almost immediate answers to e-mails,must have been the time when they were open considering the time difference.

Alan smile2
artiglio

#15 Post by artiglio »

Morning people,

Another vote of confidence for sinclair/brownell's, a combination of work commitments and not uncommon "parcelfarce" incompetence, meant a parcel arrived in UK but ended up being returned to Sinclair, a few emails back and forth new order placed, got my stuff. And as soon as Sinclair received the original package back I was refunded, losing only postage to UK. Excellent service sorting out a problem not caused by Sinclair.

regards phil
rox

#16 Post by rox »

I'm planning a fairly large order from Sinclair. How does VAT and duty work, does the courier collect payment at your door? Which courier/delivery service does the final leg?

Thanks!
Ovenpaa

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

Deliveries for SincInt to used to come by UPS but recently it is parcel force. They send you a letter telling you how much VAT you have to pay, you pay it on line with a card and the parts are delivered. VAT @20% plus a GBP8 handling charge.
/d

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

Re: Brownell's USA

#18 Post by Dangermouse »

Rox,

Read this page
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... t#P37_3361

Over £135 gets special treatment

2 things to be aware of when ordering from Brownell's Sinclair's

They do not necessarily send all your order in one box, my order came in 4 different boxes which they charged me 4 x's p&p and then was charged 4 x's £8 delivery by Parcel Force

Secondly, one of the items I ordered and was shown in stock, was not. So that came separately at a later date with the accompanying charge.

They may have a box that you can tick which states that you wish all the order to be held if something is out of stock - it may be worth your while looking for it and ticking it to avoid extra deliver charges.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.