.22LR open bolt S/A rifle

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

.22LR open bolt S/A rifle

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Back in the early '90's I shot a .22LR S/A that shot from an open bolt, I remember it was an odd affair but reasonably accurate, any idea what it would have been?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

Re: .22LR open bolt S/A rifle

#2 Post by Sim G »

Now are you sure it wasn't in the late 80's?

The rifle you remember was the Voere 2500, but if memory serves, the 1988 ammendment to the Act, killed this gun off as it was deemed "readily convertible" to full auto.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Just done a google search, looks like it is the model 2005, not 2500. But still Voere....... memory isn't what it used to be!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

That looks like it! It was an odd thing to shoot with the open bolt, it was just placed in my hands with a box of Eley and I was left to my own devices so it took a couple of minutes to understand it.

Thanks SimG
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

If you can remember where you did use it, find it and get it! Looks like they are worth a small fortune now!

Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

That would have been the Derbyshire Shooting Centre where I shot pistol many years ago. It was in an old mill and was very nicely eqipped, then Dunblane happened. We drove over one weekend and walked into nothing, the place was emptied everything was gone with just a few odd bits of paper and empty boxes to sgow it had ever been used. To this day I have no idea where all the stuff went or the people come to think of it...
/d

Shed Journal