NRA staff?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Alpha1

Re: NRA staff?

#51 Post by Alpha1 »

I think you are absolutely right that was my point the NRA needs dragging in to the 20th century it needs a new leadership some body with a buisness back ground a captain of Industry with a couple of advisors to bring him/her up to speed with what goes on in the shooting world.
My guess is there would be a lot of pain early doors but long term its the way to go.
I have been there done it come out the other end.No pain no gain.
John MH

#52 Post by John MH »

Didn't they bring in somebody a couple of years ago (Bill Richards) who had no shooting background, he only lasted a year or so before deciding to drop the ball and run away.

He came from a legal background CV Below:

CV
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#53 Post by Andy632 »

Alpha1 wrote:I think you are absolutely right that was my point the NRA needs dragging in to the 20th century it needs a new leadership some body with a buisness back ground a captain of Industry with a couple of advisors to bring him/her up to speed with what goes on in the shooting world.
My guess is there would be a lot of pain early doors but long term its the way to go.
I have been there done it come out the other end.No pain no gain.

Dragging it into the 20th century would certainly be a start; then we could work on dragging it into the 21st Century :roll: . One step at a time I suppose, as long as it's a step forward.

:flag6:
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
Alpha1

#54 Post by Alpha1 »

LOL. :shakeshout:
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#55 Post by the running man »

The old boy network couldent go on forever up there, but I gotta say I think a few of the wrong people have gone, I only hope the service and support I pays my membership fee for will improve over time......bisley needs a major reinvention and overhauling,wat good is having charicter about the place when its hanging?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
NorthernNRAguy

#56 Post by NorthernNRAguy »

I would suggest that while the dust settles on what will be a very slimmed down version of the NRA staff structure, we all plan on how we are going to get down to Bisley and use the facilities much more.

The NRA needs business..and that is the shooting fraternity...

If we use it too much then they will have to hire more people...
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#57 Post by Mike357 »

Valid point, by the way welcome.to FBUK.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#58 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome to F-B(UK) Guy, I assume you are the Northern Region Representative? If so good to see you on the forum, I look forward to reading your views on state of shooting in the UK and the NRA. We have a few NRA types here already :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#59 Post by bobbob »

Bnz and I have put some business their way. We are now members, just waiting for the paperwork to come through. I know of one other member from our club who is also joining. So when health and finances allow we will be going, extra to our clubs monthly visits. fingerscrossed
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Alpha1

#60 Post by Alpha1 »

I would suggest that while the dust settles on what will be a very slimmed down version of the NRA staff structure, we all plan on how we are going to get down to Bisley and use the facilities much more.
Yes lets all drive for half a day arrive knackered have to stay over night to shoot at Bisley then travel back for half a day just to support the NRA. I dont think so. I have no intention of travelling to Bisley to shoot no more than I would expect our Southern freinds to travel down to my local range at Catterick.
The hint is in the name NATIONAL rifle association
I would like the Northern rep to push for more facilities to be made available to us Northeners thank you.
As far as I am concerned the best course of action would be to sell Bisley and use the money to purchase ex MOD ranges around the Country and develop them.