NRA staff?

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Dangermouse

Re: NRA staff?

#81 Post by Dangermouse »

I remember Big Jim telling us about the underground services at Bisley. For various reasons as work was done for the various buildings no one had ever made a detailed map of where all the pipes and cables ran under the ground. He believed that he was the only person who knew as it was all in his head. I wonder if he managed to depart his knowledge before leaving?

Divining rods anyone?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#82 Post by Andy632 »

Dangermouse wrote:I remember Big Jim telling us about the underground services at Bisley. For various reasons as work was done for the various buildings no one had ever made a detailed map of where all the pipes and cables ran under the ground. He believed that he was the only person who knew as it was all in his head. I wonder if he managed to depart his knowledge before leaving?

Divining rods anyone?

DM
That's the way all good Techs & Engineers work, though some like me keep it all in my 'little black book'. ;) ;) :lol: I've got notebooks going back 30 years to the various jobs I've worked on, just in case. Transfer of knowledge depends entirely on my mood on leaving ;) .
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
karen

#83 Post by karen »

dromia wrote:Ooops! got it wrong there. The regional representatives are there to represent the NRA in the regions not the regional membership to the NRA.
Er what ARE you on about? The Regional Reps work both ways or are supposed to!

If yours isn't (and give him a chance as he's only just started!) then elect someone who will

Love

karen
karen

#84 Post by karen »

Dangermouse wrote:I remember Big Jim telling us about the underground services at Bisley. For various reasons as work was done for the various buildings no one had ever made a detailed map of where all the pipes and cables ran under the ground. He believed that he was the only person who knew as it was all in his head. I wonder if he managed to depart his knowledge before leaving?
As Big Jim finally retired in September (although I can remember at least three previous "retirements"), we probably have lost quite a bit of knowledge (but he lives down the road and pops in occasionally so if we were really stuck we could call on him).

After 45 years working at the NRA he really did know a lot of stuff and we miss him (although maybe not his grubby bear hugs after he'd been working down sewers all day :G ). However the NRA have bestowed a mighty honour on him - he now has an Imperial Meeting AGGREGATE named after him! So this year you can enter the Baldwin Agg in the Imperial and Big Jim now ranks right up there with Sir this and Admiral that.

Brilliant! :shakeshout:

Love

Karen
Last edited by karen on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#85 Post by dromia »

karen wrote:
dromia wrote:Ooops! got it wrong there. The regional representatives are there to represent the NRA in the regions not the regional membership to the NRA.
Er what ARE you on about? The Regional Reps work both ways or are supposed to!

If yours isn't (and give him a chance as he's only just started!) then elect someone who will

Love

karen
I'm only repeating what I was told by the NRA when I asked the question at the last regional meeting I attended.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
karen

#86 Post by karen »

dromia wrote:
I'm only repeating what I was told by the NRA when I asked the question at the last regional meeting I attended.
Who said that? The ex-Sec Gen or your ex-Regional Rep?

Love

karen
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#87 Post by dromia »

Glyn Alger said it and it was not challenged by the then regional rep.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

karen

#88 Post by karen »

dromia wrote:Glyn Alger said it and it was not challenged by the then regional rep.
Very odd! Much as I like Glynn I think he was talking bollox!

It is definitely supposed to be a two way thing - they are certainly not there as NRA PR reps!

Love

Karen
dromia
Site Admin

#89 Post by dromia »

I hope that the practice proves the theory.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Nick

#90 Post by Nick »

A brief heads up, I've had my redundancy notice recinded so will continue to be available to answer any membership questions from the usual contact points at the NRA.

Also, I would like to thank all those who posted positive comments about me on this forum, it was much appreciated. sign92