Proposed new certificate fees

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff

Re: Proposed new certificate fees

#21 Post by Blackstuff »

I'd hope that all shooting organisations are labouring the point that the supposed point of firearms licensing is to 'protect the general public', therefore as they are the alleged benefactors of the service, its not unreasonable that they cover the majority of the cost?? :good:

Or are ACPO/the government finally going to admit what firearms licensing is really about?? :roll:
DVC
Graham M

#22 Post by Graham M »

dodgyrog wrote: What a cup half empty person you are.
My opinion of BASC is they do an EXCELLENT job and I cite their reaction to the Derek Bird incident.
My expectations of the NRA on the other hand are not high.
Ah, my apologies for speaking my thoughts.
I have read a lot worse on this forum and yet when I speak my mind I’m accused of being a “Cup half empty person”,

If you want to pay through the nose for your shooting, then be my guest. Just spare a thought for those of us who are now retired and won’t be able to carry on,,,,,, But then again when I read on this forum that no-one should have the right to protest against having their pensions cut, or that anyone unfortunate enough to be on the dole is nowt more than a scrounger, then such comments don’t surprise me.
G.M. :squirrel: :squirrel:
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Robin128

#23 Post by Robin128 »

I might be getting cynical in my old age but I bet we get the fee increases before the new systens ever get into place...and working as intended.

:squirrel:
alan108

#24 Post by alan108 »

Graham M wrote:
My opinion of BASC is they do an EXCELLENT job and I cite their reaction to the Derek Bird incident.
I have read a lot worse on this forum and yet when I speak my mind I’m accused of being a “Cup half empty person”,

If you want to pay through the nose for your shooting, then be my guest. Just spare a thought for those of us who are now retired and won’t be able to carry on,,,,,, But then again when I read on this forum that no-one should have the right to protest against having their pensions cut, or that anyone unfortunate enough to be on the dole is nowt more than a scrounger, then such comments don’t surprise me.
Well said Graham.
i'm one of those on a pension only,and would and will find it very difficult to pay increased fee's.but would make an effort IF it resulted in improved services, :good: :good:

Alan.
oops,have I over stepped the mark AGAIN? :roll:
DL.

#25 Post by DL. »

Graham M wrote:
Robin128 wrote:And I can't wait to hear what BASC have to say about it.

:)
If their past performance is anything to go by they will probably welcome it. :roll:
After all, they can see no wrong in wanting shooting tests, or indeed charging a small fortune for all their other courses (read something earlier this week about a BASC shooting awareness course……..£67 was it????)

No BASC won’t be too bothered about this increase; they will simply use it as an excuse to increase their own fees to come into line.

Now lets see…………..FAC £198

“Sporting rifle course” £125 (which would probably be needed prior to DSC course)
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/s ... course.cfm

“Pre DSC1 course” £125 (plus loss of day’s pay and travelling costs)
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/s ... course.cfm

“Actual BASC DSC1” course…………..£290 (plus loss of day’s pay and travelling costs)
http://www.basc.org.uk/en/departments/s ... evel-1.cfm

And finally a “Wild Game Meat Hygiene” course (which you will need if you want to sell your deer)…………..Anyone want to make a guess at that one??

mmmm………..the likes of ordinary people may as well forget taking up shooting. :cool2: :cool2:
G.M.
The poignant question I have is : where do I sign up for my level one and a half?
Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was talking to someone on Sunday who had just finished his DSC2 - he said it had cost him around GBP1000 by the time had successfully stalked three beasts.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#27 Post by Christel »

One of the Golden rules on this forum is NO PERSONAL ATTACKS...

Dodgyrog please adhere.

:grin:
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#28 Post by dodgyrog »

Graham M wrote:

I AM retired living on a small pension and what I can make from selling cast boolits.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#29 Post by dodgyrog »

christel wrote:One of the Golden rules on this forum is NO PERSONAL ATTACKS...

Dodgyrog please adhere.

:grin:
Not a personal attack, honestly!
I just get sick of people slagging off BASC.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#30 Post by dromia »

Peoples perceptions of things are different and discussing those differences is one of the things that forums like these can do. However when we get round to involving the people invloved in the discussion that is when things can get out of hand.

You are a big supporter of BASC Rodger and think you get a good service from them me I'm not a fan of them as what I see they do is not what I think they should be doing on many topics.

One mans meat is another mans poison, here we can state our views on the issues and let any readers put their own value on what we say but we should do this without criticising the person for their views.

Forums like these are in many ways a poor form of communication and many times the intent of the poster is not reflected in the post, so things that are not meant to be personal can still be taken as so by people who read our words differently.

Such is the nature of forums.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/