NRA Journal

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

NRA Journal

#1 Post by HeatherW762 »

1st edition from the new editors/printers arrived here today so, presumably, they will be dropping on doormats over the weekend.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ovenpaa

Re: NRA Journal

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

AND???? come on woman, spill the beans, what does it look like?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
HeatherW762

#3 Post by HeatherW762 »

As an NRA employee, I'm afraid that I had better refrain from comment.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hopefully it will hit the doorstep in the next couple of days.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Strangely Brown »

The suspense is killing me!

Surely it's not that bad? :o
Mick
HeatherW762

#6 Post by HeatherW762 »

:squirrel: :squirrel:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Mine has just arrived and first glance it looks a huge improvement, there are actually a couple of articles I want to read rather than feel I have to read as was the case with the dry as sticks reporting of interminable tours that used to dominate the old journal, yes I knw its a Journal and thats its job but it was tedious if you weren't into following teams and pouring over scores.

Its got the Blaze house style which is heavy on photographs but light on words, I prefer it the other way round and the old journal was good at that, it was just the content that let it down. Obviously the NRA knew what it was getting into with Blaze so is happy with this style and approach.

Its a bit thin but as this is their first issue so I'll give them a chance to build up some content.

Definitely a move forward and one of the most refreshing things I've seen come out of the NRA for years.

With a circulation of only 6,000 + 1000 to be distributed through Bisley though I'm not sure how it will work for advertisers but obviously Blaze must have done some sums on this or they wouldn't have taken it on as I'm sure that they aren't doing this for nothing

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#8 Post by IainWR »

dromia wrote: light on words,
Like the name of the winning team in the Mackinnon (page 26 - Results - bottom line)?

Or Butt Trap on p18 - where they left out the words that shooting a .38"spl in the UK is in most circumstances a crime?

Or the text on p25/26, which mysteriously migrated from the Spring Journal?

Or the contributors list on p4 which fails to mention the author of said words on p25/26?

Or the given names of Messers Jeens, Luckman, McCullough and Young in the 2012 Canada team (p63), which names are necessary to figure out who is on the team There are three Jeenses, four Luckmans, three McCulloughs and four Youngs, any of whom might have earned a GB team place.

I could go on ...

For those of you who haven't seen it, the Journal can be accessed from the front page of the NRA website.

Iain
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

IainWR wrote:For those of you who haven't seen it, the Journal can be accessed from the front page of the NRA website.Iain
Hmm... just skimming through it now.

It has a Targetshooter feel to it.
/d

Shed Journal
John25

#10 Post by John25 »

ovenpaa wrote:
It has a Targetshooter feel to it.

Now there's a funny thing!
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk