NRA Journal

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
cyclops

Re: NRA Journal

#61 Post by cyclops »

sorry but its rubbish - its just another target gun/target sports really

i liked the old journal alot more as it would last for ages as reading material but this one lasted less than 1 hour to read and i didnt think id learned anything once i had read it. Oddly enough after 30odd years shooting i know how to clean a bloody rifle and it was only a three page advert for selling his cleaning stuff any way. Another article was just for selling rifles so its not really an article any way. Pretty to look at but not much else

not impressed - bring back the old journal - karen and her production team did a good job and i would like them back

thinking of writing to the nra - should i write to mr pizer or someone else, maybe karen can advise

cyclops
karen

#62 Post by karen »

Awww thanks!

Yes you would need to write to Robin Pizer if you want to complain about (or praise) the new Journal - unfortunately(?) nothing to do with me anymore :cry:

You can write c/o NRA or email via NRA website

Love

karen
Quarters

#63 Post by Quarters »

I noticed that the journnal has a price on the front which the old one didn't.

Does the NRA have plans for wider circulation?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#64 Post by IainWR »

Nowt to do with the NRA - it's down to Blaze Publishing.
Ovenpaa

#65 Post by Ovenpaa »

It would be interesting to see the true sales figures for the new journal, by that I mean copies that were exchanged for hard cash as opposed to sent to the NRA membership. I doubt an NRA member would pay for a copy so it would have to be not only non NRA types buying but also people who did not know an NRA member.

So sales figures, anyone care to take a guess at the number of copies sold, into three figures possibly?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
IainWR

#66 Post by IainWR »

I haven't heard that it is in fact on sale in any public outlet. Anyone seen it on a shelf?
Quarters

#67 Post by Quarters »

I looked in WH Smiths in Woking (nearest town to Bisley) yesterday and it wasn't there.

I think it would sell, in very small numbers, and that can only be good for the NRA and every advert (yes I know there are loads) is money in the pocket of our sport.

I do accept it lacks depth and is more of a gun mag than a journal. Hopefully it will evolve to keep old members happier and appeal to the non-competitve shooter.
Ovenpaa

#68 Post by Ovenpaa »

I agree, every copy sold is a plus for the sport and hopefully the NRA. :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
IainWR

#69 Post by IainWR »

Quarters wrote:
I think it would sell, in very small numbers, and that can only be good for the NRA
True
and every advert (yes I know there are loads) is money in the pocket of our sport.
Untrue, I believe. The NRA pays a fixed fee and everything from adverts or sales goes to Blaze publishing.