Next project

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.

Re: Next project

#91 Post by 1066 »

Excellent Dave - I knew I had seen the design before:-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2WnmWYY ... detailpage[/youtube]
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Ovenpaa

#92 Post by Ovenpaa »

I know someone who knows someone who has a far earlier marine chronometer 8-)

Update time......... I broke it!!!

A case failed to drop down the ejector port which caused the drive for the Geneva X to tie itself in knots and break stuff. It trashed the little gearbox on the motor however that may be fixable, failing that I will have to order a replacement, cost wise that is not a lot but delivery is going to be at least a couple of weeks. At least I can order a faster drive for the rotating stage. It also bent the stub shaft that drives the Geneva X. That was a 12mm stainless steel shaft (...and I was worried about lack of torque!)

So time to regroup... I have built a new stub shaft, a new drive cam, this time out of brass and I will build in some form of shear point to if anything jams again it will simply pop a few pence worth of something easily replaced. I have also built a new main drive shaft to a modified design today and I am unhappy with the way the main platen is attached to the main drive shaft so I will build a hub for it which should give a more positive pick up and make it easier to swap out to a different platen if required.

Artiglio, sorry did not see your comment, yes that is an F/TR type bipod, it sports a few unique features as per the Vikings wishes and weighs in at 750 grams. The next version will weigh closer to 650 grams with luck. It has a quick elevation adjustment and oversize ski feet that adapt to the angle of the ground. It is OK for Mk1.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#93 Post by Dougan »

That's a PITA :roll: ...but all good projects have a development stage :good:
Ovenpaa

#94 Post by Ovenpaa »

Things happen :grin:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#95 Post by Ovenpaa »

So the new stub shaft and main shaft are fitted, I was unhappy with the way the turntable fitted to the drive shaft so that has been changed.
P1140414.JPG
P1140414.JPG (31.74 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Poor picture, the shaft now has this boss at the top which sits on the 55mm thrust bearing just visible, the top table drops over this and is held in place by a couple of M6 capheads. This is a far better idea than the old one. I have one final job and that is fit a shear pin of some kind from the drive motor to the stub shaft so in the event of something going pear shaped it does not rip itself to bits again.

It has been a journey of enlightenment :lol:
/d

Shed Journal