No4 Mk1(T)

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

Re: No4 Mk1(T)

#11 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:Kev, speak to Paul when you are looking for one. Firstly, I'll bet he knows where one is available, likewise, he'll be able to let you know the genuine ones or not......

I've actually got an old Gunmart, pre the handgun ban, there are one or two listed in there and you could get one, in it's chest, with all the accessories, numbered........ for the cost of a Sig 226!!!!!!

If only we knew.......
Sim yes Paul will be my first port if call (when funds ar a lot healthier), he is the man as far as im concerned , someone we know should have followed his advise but I think he followed his wallet instead (its a lot of money therefore genuine):lol: moodier than a moody thing.
I have some 1970s Gun Review mags, they were between 25 and 55 quid then but then again a standard No4 was only about £12 :cry:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

#12 Post by dirtbag »

dromia wrote:Originally posted by Ovenpaa:

Oh to be able to take a reasonable picture...

1943 No4 Mk1(T) with one of the very last No32 Mk1 Kershaw's fitted with MOA Index plates that could well be original and a Dalglish bracket. I will try and sort some better pictures out.

I have shot a competition at 200 and once out to 600m with it so far and it seemed OK.

Very nice, good wood on that one. I would like one of those.... in fact I would like every old gun!
brownbess

#13 Post by brownbess »

has anyone thats got a mk1 scope managed to easily adjust it with just two hands!!
please tell me your secret :roll:
bb
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Meeeee!!!

Throw whatever adjustment tools you have away for starters.

Grind a slot in the short end of a hex key or piece of 6mm bar bent at 90 degrees with a long and short section. The slot needs to be sized to fit over the inner adjusting bar on the turret.

Now slacken the outer locking ring off and then nip it back up so you can still turn the inner (using your new key)

Zero the rifle, OK here comes the slightly awkward part, you need to hold your new tool in place so the inner adjuster does not move and slowly wind the drums to whatever you zeroed at.

Does that make sense? I can post a picture or two if you wish.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
brownbess

#15 Post by brownbess »

hhmmm, i'm struggling to work out how to post pictures let alone zeroing!!
thats the best thing about old black powder guns- point it at the sand and pull the trigger :D
bb
Ovenpaa

#16 Post by Ovenpaa »

I will haul it out of the cabinet and take a picture tomorrow for you!

Pictures are easy when you post something look where it says 'If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below'

Click on Browse and select the picture on your computer
Click on 'Add the file'
Write something about the picture and select the 'Preview' button, if it looks good 'Submit'
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

#17 Post by dirtbag »

ovenpaa wrote:Cheers Dromia! A few more pictures.

4 T 11.JPG
4 T 2.JPG
4T 1.JPG

Nice bit of kit, and that scope looks pukka !
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have posted how I adjust my No32 Mk1 here:

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=236
/d

Shed Journal
Dalgo

#19 Post by Dalgo »

dromia wrote: ...and a Dalglish bracket.
That must be the strongest, most reliable bracket in the world! Able to hold the weight of a small country....and resolve world piece to boot! :D

Just incase anyone hadn't figured out what Dalgo is short for. :mrgreen:

-Dalgo